GT4 at Cannillo Motorsports? | FerrariChat

GT4 at Cannillo Motorsports?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by rt69, Nov 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rt69

rt69 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Anyone know this car? Any details would be much appreciated by this newbie canuck.

Further anyone have any comments on this dealer?

Any recommendations for a PPI in the Deer Park, NY area (if in fact I decide to get crazy and pull the trigger).

Thank you in advance.

Bob

http://www.cannillomotorsports.com/inventory/308gt4/308gt4.htm

2. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Don't know anything about this car but a fellow named Doug just bought a Mondi from Cannillo a few weeks ago and it sure seemed like he was happy with them. For a PPI you should consider Berlinetta Motorcars. They did the PPI for Doug and are very knowledgeable. BTW, the proprietor of Berlinetta is a "Doug" also.

Best wishes

3. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Yes, Doug bought a very nice Mondi from them ( I drove it), so the dealer seems pretty good based on that.

4. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    i have dealt with mike. he is a great person. good luck to you

5. DougS026

DougS026 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Doug S
    #5 DougS026, Nov 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As the other guys already mentioned I just bought an '82 Modial from Mike about a month ago. I had a PPI done by Doug Perone (owner) of Berlinetta Motor cars in Huntington. I've known Doug through his shop for 16+ years. He is very reputable and knows his stuff. Just to give you an idea of cost figure about $80 each way for flatbed service and another $250 (don't quote me on the price as this is just a ball park) for the PPI. You can reach Doug or his wife Janet at 631-423-1010. Tell them Doug sent you. Their address is 89 E Main St.

I don't know the car but I was just at Cannillo the other day BSing with Mike (the owner) and he was pretty high on the car. He had just gotten it but didn't have it in the showroom so I didn't see it.

Mike is a very nice genuine guy. I had a pleasant purchasing experience with him. I checked him out on the Better Business Bureau and no complaints were logged against him. Responses back from my inquires on the net were all positive.

Doug Perone was very impressed the condition and shape of my car when he was inspecting it. It was everything Mike represented it to be. I feel I got a good deal and Mike was an honest hard working guy. He was very accommodating to me. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. Tell him I said hello.

Good luck with your decision. This was my first Ferrari and I haven't regretted it for a single second! If you'd like to talk in detail send me a private message with your phone and I'll give you a call.

Here's a pic of the car I got from Mike.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Is that the place in Huntington village? Or am I confusing that with a very similarily named(atleast I think) Berlinetta Motorsports? DougSO26 answered my question while I was typing my post :D. Does anyone know Angelo from there?

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Berlinetta Motorcars is in Huntington. I don't know if there is an Angelo there but the owner is Doug Pirrone.

8. DougS026

DougS026 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Doug S
    I see the web sites says there is a deposit on the car. Did you pull the trigger?

9. DougS026

DougS026 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Doug S

Hey Andy, how are you? Missed you the last few times I was at Captree. Are you planning on going again any time soon?

10. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Doug,
    Nice silver Mondial! ;)

11. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I was just there this past Sunday. There were a couple of Ferraris there. I'm usually down there any good weather Sunday. I look forward to seeing you again. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

12. DougS026

DougS026 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Doug S
    Thanks. I see you share my same good tast! What color is the interior on yours? How many miles?

13. DougS026

DougS026 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Doug S
    Hi Andy,

Brother-in-law is in town. If he has time we're going to try to get there this weekend. Hope to see you there.

Happy Thanksgiving as well!

14. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Black interior. Car was bought with 52K March 04, I have tried my best but could only add another 2.5K on her. I was floored when I saw the car for the first time: the shape and color was stunning! [I'm sure you know the feeling;)]
    Here in NW PA the salt is about to hit the roads, and her season is coming to an end. :(
    See you on the boards, and perhaps one day on the roads.

15. DougS026

DougS026 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Doug S
    I see the web site indicates the car is sold. I wonder if this guy bought it.