driving simulator | FerrariChat

driving simulator

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 95spiderman, Nov 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    thinking of getting myself holiday gift of 'gameracer' framework to attach video game steering wheel and pedal set. anyone familiar with this setup?

also i know nothing about video games so which console should i get? xbox 360 seems like the new one but is this the best one for car racing which is all im interested in using it for. which is most realistic racing game to use - ive heard gt4 is a good one along with forza something or other. id love one that offers tracks ive actually driven on like limerock, wat glen, and pocono

is hdtv necessary? are the games even in that high resolution?

needs lots of advice. thanks

2. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER POST OTHER THAN OT!!!!!! perfect post count....;)

sorry, I have to relevant info to include. I have Xbox, and its good, project gotham racing is good... cant compare to anything else.

-Joe

3. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    FIA: GT Racing and Live For Speed 2 are the most realistic racing games, but both are for PC.

4. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I had a PS2 and the Gran Turismo series of games were good and pretty realistic.

However my sisters fiancee has an XBox (not 360) and we were playing Forza. The progressive controls on the XBox were superior to the PS/2 (you dont have to be full on/off with gas and brake). I have heard very good things about Project Gotham Racing and the new one is out on the XBOX 360.

If you are going to spend the $$ on that kind of setup I would spring for the 360, although it may be hard to come by for XMastime.

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #6 WJHMH, Nov 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Build your own cock pit, I'm glad I did buy those cheap retail kits. I use mine for GT4 & other driving games, I bought Need for Speed - Most Wanted yesterday & so far it a blast.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    very nice set up! still need to know if hdtv is worth it for x360.

8. bottomline

bottomline Formula 3

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
    Project Gotham for 360 is AWESOME.

9. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Actually if you use the right hand stick on the controller (I cant think of the "official" name of it right now) you dont have to be full on/off with the gas and brake like you said. You are correct though if you use the buttons (X for gas/Square for brake) and not the sticks.

10. scuderia15

scuderia15 Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    I think GT4 has an HD mode on ps2. Could be wrong though. Truly an amazing game.

11. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    You still cannot balance brake and throttle at the same time though.

If you're looking for realism, PC will be the best, but it will cost you a whole heck of a lot of money. I would go XBOX360, which is backwards compatible with XBOX games. So, you can play Forza. You have to get the version with the hard drive though. Need for speed, and PGR3 are alright, very arcady, but they look good.