The Next One... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Next One...

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by lashss, Nov 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Liquid

Liquid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Doylestown, PA
  2. carnutvic

carnutvic Karting

Jan 30, 2005
    ellicott city md
    Full Name:
    victor tamini
    that 911 gt3 is freakin awsome!!!!that is all you lash

3. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Lash,

You can have my Stage 2 M3 in your garage and 50 grand to play with! Heck, for another 12 grand you can put Dinan's supercharger on her and take it from the 368 HP/189 Mph she's at now to over 400 and 200. Plus have room for groceries and nice heated seats for long drives to Montreal. :)

DMAX

4. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Oh yeah, as for the "ish", just ask Puff ;)

If you dont want the humdrum of the 3 though, you should look for a carbed BB. Value will only go up and it meets all your other criteria. (Just get one without sodium exhaust valves).

DMAX

5. Puff

Puff Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    DC
    Matt-

I was about to say .... Nobody wants that damn M3 of yours, untill you get the pee-pee smell out of the passenger seat! [sorry about that btw]
    HAHAHHA I still have nightmares! heh.

Puff
    www.exhaust.tv

6. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

HHMMM... and that was BEFORE the stage 2 mods! Care to go again? I've got towels.

7. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    How about student discounts:D

Or do you rent for the day???? :)

8. LolaLC88

LolaLC88 Karting

Feb 18, 2004
    Bryn Mawr PA; Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If you are willing to wait and have the willingness to deal with the Ford dealer, A new GT500 will satisfy most of your requirements while leaving you about $55K for mods or "other interests". I also believe that the value will not drop as quickly as the 'vette.

9. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  10. Jon7

Jon7 Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    VA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Lash,
    I like the way you think. The GTS is certainly a great car. Lots of potential for mods, extremely reliable, and dirt cheap to maintain. You can thrash it at the track then drive it home. Nothing breaks. Give it $60 worth of Mobil one once a year with an oil filter change and that's it. Also, since they don't make them new anymore, no big depreciation. GTSs hold their value as good as anything. Literally, the maintenance is $60/yr. I've changed all the fluids as well last yr (transmission, brake, power steering)..not that it needed it.

Alternatively, a 996 GT3 would be my other choice. You an get lightly used ones in the $80Ks. Many people bought them and didn't like the 'rawness'. The GT3 was the other car I was considering instead of my GTS. However, it wasn't quite out yet and the cost was about $25K more.

I am planning to order a 997 GT3 in the fall. I am guessing the 997 GT3 may run about $110K base. I have been contemplating selling my GTS come spring to get some $ for the GT3. However, I know I'll regret the sale everytime I see another GTS. Plus, I've put a good deal of $$$ into mods which I'd never get back. If possible, I may try to keep it and the GT3. I'd love a Ford GT, but not at $150K. If I was going to spend that much I might as well spend a little more and get a Gallardo or F430.

Call me if you want know anything else about vipers in general.

11. NigelM5

NigelM5 Karting

Feb 22, 2004
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Full Name:
    NIGEL
    Lotus elise....Oh wait you said steak not salad.

C6 - Z06

Then you can look at Jon's GT3...in the rearview mirror.

Countach

12. amk

amk Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    I know you said no BMWs, but what about a Z8 with a few $ left over for an exhaust and other goodies!

13. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
  14. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    It sounds like I may doze off while driving it. Very cool car, but it won't scare the ish out of me when I need it to (unless I was trying to do an emergency lane change) and I can't imagine it would sound very good at idle with no mufflers or cats.

Less lux, more steel braided hoses!

LS

15. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
  16. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Very nice car, but it's rated PG, I need XXX. I don't care about reliability (perceived or otherwise) or comfort.

Not knocking it at all...it is impressive. It's just not my style.

Thanks,
    LS

17. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Vic, it is an awesome car. Definitely on the list...I'm not sold on the styling...looks like a 911 with a wing. I might need a little more "flash" not in an Escalade with chrome 24s way, but in a Testarossa strakes way.

LS

18. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Carbed BB is a definite possibility...this is *exactly* the type of "HELLS YES" factor I'm looking for. The M3/Bentley doesn't quite satisfy the criteria in the same manner.

LS

19. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Looks like it will be a fantastic car. I already have a '97 Cobra with Koni coilovers/Tri-Link PHB, etc.. And it weighs 3250lbs.

Great suggestion, but it may be a bit repetitive for me.

Thanks,
    LS

20. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    C6Z06 would be a great choice, but they are going to bomb in value...the specs are unbelievable though.

I just sold a downdraft Countach QV last year...don't want another just yet. But, a great suggestion regardless.

Come on guys...M1, Stratos, Chevelle SS, GNX, E Type, 330 2+2, GT350, Espada, Vantage V8, Vector w8, Diablo, X180R, Mangusta...

Put down the August 2005 issue of Maxim!!

:)

LS

21. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    For Christ sakes Lash. Just go buy a Nissan, Toyota, or Jaguar GTP car from the early 90s, bolt a tag on it, and let it rip. Ummmm, 1600 pounds, 800 horsepower, Hewland gearbox, carbon tub, 6000lbs. of downforce at speed, and seating for two. What more could you want? Am I speaking your language?

John

22. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    nahh.... matel..... it does put 485 hp to the wheels..... whatever right?

I think your love affair with ford should put you in a superformance daytona or a GT40 replica. I like porsches but unless you look closely at GT3 it suffers the same malady as a BMW. They all look alike.

How bout a Sunbeam Tiger MkII 289?

23. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    As a thought you can build a virtual copy of the 427 Cobra with much more in the way of handling prowess for about $65K. That is definitely a HELL YES ride! And you won't be passing yourself going the other way either.

24. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    how about a nice boat ? :) have i got a deal for you my friend .....lol

25. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I heard you have a sale on for twin engined boats with only one working engine! LOL