Lambo Chicago / Fox Valley Fall Tour 10/29-30 | FerrariChat

Lambo Chicago / Fox Valley Fall Tour 10/29-30

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Michael RPM, Sep 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Dear Motorists:

Lamborghini Chicago – Fox Valley Motorcars, and The Finish Line, have organized a Fall Color Tour on October 29 and 30. This weekend should fall in the midst of Wisconsin’s spectacular fall colors. The twisty roads are there for the exploring and we will take you to a number of places we’ve scouted out.

We’ll begin with coffee and pastries at Ambrosia in Barrington at 9AM. From there, we’ll drive the route to end up for the night in Spring Green, WI at the HOUSE ON THE ROCK RESORT. There, we will spend the evening dining and reflecting on the great roads and colors we’ve experienced. You won’t see these sights driving up and down the interstate!

The entry fee is $495 per car (two people). This will cover all meals through Sunday’s brunch, resort suites, and a special gift. Entrants will only be responsible for any alcohol. Applications will be accepted in the order received until we reach 25 cars.

We hope you will be able to join us October 29 and 30 for the Fall Color Tour. We need a check for the entire amount of $495, along with the signed application, no later than September 29, payable to “Fox Valley Motorcars”. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Sincerely,
    Michael Wogronic

630.231.3400 Main
    630.430.7400 Mobile
    [email protected]

http://www.foxvalleymotorcars.com/promotions/fallcolorstour/index.html

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I was right up there yesterday with Chuck and the Alfa Romeo Club,an '02 Maserati Spyder,and my 308. We ate at the Frank Lloyd Wright-Taliesen Restaraunt in the Greeting center. It is perched along the Wisconsin River,and about 1 1/2 Miles from the House on the Rock. Very,very Beautiful area. And,indeed....Many,many Twisty Roads up there....:) Have Fun! Wish I could have gone along,but have Family Commitments that Weekend.

3. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    Mike, do you have any times or route when you will be in or around Spring Green? See you all Sat. night

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,Mike....Looking into my Crystal Ball....Me thinks that you may be getting visited by some of the Chicago White Sox for some Cars in the Next few days....:)

I was watching the return of the White Sox on TV this afternoon. And saw one of them leaving in a Silver Maserati Quattroporte.

AND....Dennis McKinnon,of the '85 Superbowl Champion Chicago Bears was in line in front of me at my local Dominicks Grocery Store today. I said "Hi and that "the Bears could really use him back". He said that "Oh,No! All they need is alittle Prayer".... And he left with his Groceries in a Black SUV. Man,that guy is Still in Fantastic Shape!

5. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    We actually had the sox come in just before the WS started. One of them might get the Blue Murci we have.

6. loudvette

loudvette Karting

Sep 28, 2004
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    David
    is the trip all filled?

7. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    Mike, Thanks for letting me bring up the rear! Are you going to post some of the pics. you took?

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nice shots! Welcome to FChat!

9. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    We definately need to do at least one if not more joint cruises next year. Make it happen Andreas/Frank. Love the gas station shot!

10. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I want more pics of that burgundy Lotus peeking out from behind the Ferrari.....

A Lotus Esprit is the ONLY car that has ever made me giddy to where I was almost short of breath looking at it. Happened last year up at Road America after staring at Ferraris all day long. I saw the Lotus and was in love. Literally stared at it from about 10 different angles and for about 25 minutes. I have never done that with ANY other car......

Well, maybe my own Ferrari in my garage.....

But if I had a Lotus Esprit in my garage??? :-O

11. Detour_racing

Detour_racing Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    #13 Detour_racing, Nov 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Here are a couple more pictures of it from Fox Valley Motorcars. It is for sale for $69,995.00 it only has 7,000 miles on it. It is outstanding!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Lotus Esprit Turbo simply rocks. I know how you feel, I fell in love with them at first sighting of the Bond movie.

13. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Andreas,
    We need to start a thread...

007 Favorites...
    Fav. Bond actor
    Fav. Car in a Bond film
    Fav. overall Bond film
    Fav. Bond Girl...
    Fav. Bond Bad Guy
    You know all of these guys on F-Chat have to like Bond. He's the king of toys & gadgets!

Thanks.
    Vince

14. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Welcome to f-chat Detour!! Glad you came on the Fall Color Tour! Great pictures!

15. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    Detour, What car were you driving?

16. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Hey Mike - I saw you on CLTV yesterday. Very well spoken.

17. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Oh, and my seeing you on TV means you have to take care of me when I get around to getting my A-M! :)

18. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

"Mommy, my pants are getting tight....."

19. Detour_racing

Oct 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I drove my Nissan 350Z. My Lamborghinis alternator was fried a week before the trip so I had to take the Z. It did surprisingly well, Michael FVM can atest to that!! ;)

p.s. Thanks for the warm welcome and invite Mike.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Since nobody commented so far, could somebody please enlighten me, what kind of Ferrari that is?

I think I have seen that car at FCA's Monroe and Oakstreet event and is a one of a kind if I remember correctly, but I'd like to hear it from the experts.

At any rate it is a rare sight and quite frankly had I known that car was in the group, well I might have joined. If for no other reason that just to shoot tons of pictures (no offense to the Lambos, they do look nice in that mild fall sun). How did the Ferrari hold up with the Lambos? After all we're talking here a 40 year difference in car technology.

21. Detour_racing

Oct 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    He led the group. That car was insane!! He let up a couple times so that everyone could catch up. I believe the car is a 1957 Ferrari 250. Mike would know for sure seeing that he registered everyone. I was very impressed with the performance, especially for a 1957!!

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He led?

Good grief, the man is my hero!

23. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    Detour, Did you get your windsheild fix yet?