Toys for Tots update | FerrariChat

Toys for Tots update

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by s4dustin, Nov 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    First and foremost, let me say THANK YOU! Thank you all for making last year and this year possible. As of today, we have hit the 1000 registered car mark (motor4toys site not yet updated). Fantastic!
    Please remember that this event represents the socal motorsport community, so please drive safely. All law enforcment agencies will be present and know of the event, so please be cool.

There is a release that must be filled out and signed by everyone in the car, you can download it at http://www.motor4toys.com/2005/m4t2005waiver.pdf
    Please hand that off to the attendant at the lot the day of the event. If you fill it out prior to the event, it will make things much easier. Without this release you will not be able to park on the property.

At the event, please exercise caution and patience. There are going to a lot of cars coming and going. Please be safe.

At the lot, please park in one spot only, no radios on, no revving, no doors open, unless they open upward (Lambo doors). The reason for this is maximize the space and minimize the chance of door dings. If you do not abide by the rules or act in a reckless manner we will ask you to leave.

I truly believe that we will hit the 10,000 toy mark.

We will need volunteers the day of the event, if you are interested, please email me at [email protected]

The Auto Gallery will be having a Lunch and Private Showing for the Ferrari crew....so please wmail me at [email protected] if you want to attend. Depart from the TFT event at 1pm, arrive at Auto Gallery at 1:30pm.

Again, thank all of you for making this happen. We are doing a great thing. See you sunday.

All the best,

dustin

2. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Hey Dustin, as I mentioned to you yesterday, I'll try to help out in whatever volunteer way I can. I plan to get there a little early so that I can be somewhat useful. See you there soon!

3. bugzySD

bugzySD Karting

Mar 30, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    bugzy
    same goes with

4. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    75 cars available for the AutoGallery lunch.
    30 filled already.

if you are coming and are associated with a particular club please put down the club affiliation.

and hurry

5. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    thank you for offering assistance. i will need it. mostly with moving the cars along and keeping everyone cool, calm and collective. thank you all...
    d

6. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Count me in.

7. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Three more cars (five people) for lunch at AutoGallery. Myself, Cig1, and Rick with the F40.

8. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    If you're coming in with FDC, you are already reserved for the Auto Gallery lunch. :)

Thanks D for setting this up for us!

Byron

9. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Then D- can take me off his list, since I'm coming with the FDC.

Thanks,

JJ

10. 1317wholesale

1317wholesale Karting

Sep 23, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    Henry
    I would like to join with you at Autogallery with my son. Probably my partner as well. save spot for 3.

See you on Sunday.

Thanks / Henry

11. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    where is the event going too be at ?????

12. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It's being held in the large parking lot of Countrywide Home Loans just South of the 101 Fwy on Agoura Rd, in between the Reyes Adobe and Lindero Canyon freeway exits. It's closer to Lindero Canyon, and if you are coming West on the 101 from the San Fernando Valley you can see the building on the other side of the freeway as you exit at Lindero. For those familiar with the area, it was formerly the State Farm Insurance office for over a decade at least.

The address is 31303 Agoura Road, Westlake Village, CA 91361 - here's a link to Google Maps showing an overhead shot with street names. Click "Satellite" in the top right corner to see an actual photo. :cool:

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=31303+Agoura+Road,+Westlake+Village,+CA+91361

Dustin - is there a separate place set up or planned for spectator parking?

>8^)
    ER

13. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    yes, there will be a seperate area for spectator and trailers...

14. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    One last question - will spectators be required to bring a toy, or is that optional? I planned to bring one, but there are some other people I know who plan to attend and I want to let them know one way or the other.

Either way, I think I will just guilt them into bringing one. ;)

>8^)
    ER

15. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    the more toys the better........:)

16. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    D - Byron says the FDC is all set so remove the five of us from the list. We're with the FDC.

17. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
  18. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    No worries, D... I think we're all on the same page and accounted for.. :) Thanks for setting this all up!

B.

19. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    woooweeeeeee

this is going to be something......have i said thank you all, THANK YOU ALL!

please remember to fill out the release, drive safely, get a good nights rest, bring lots of memory for the cameras, and toys....toys toys toys.........the earlier you get there the better.....approacing the 1200 car mark....a ton of exotics coming in, one of a kind cars, everything......i need a drink...:)

see you all sunday....and thanks,

d

20. MrGreenJeans

MrGreenJeans Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2005
    Dusty,
    Have you contacted any of the news stations? This morning on Fox 11 they did a Toys For Tots story about some basketball shootout fundraiser. The event on Sunday is going to be great. Maybe it would be a good idea to let the stations know and get some early morning coverage. The more people, the more toys, the better. Let me know if I can help.
    Justin

21. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    media is handled. thanks for the offer..
    d

22. MrGreenJeans

MrGreenJeans Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2005
    Sounds great Dusty. Can't wait.

23. MIK911

MIK911 Rookie

May 23, 2004
    Are there any amenities at the site of the Toys event? eg; McDonald's, coffee, etc?
    Can't wait for sunday, but will brew my own (coffee), if there's nothing there.

thanks

24. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    only the worlds finest coffee will be served that day...compliments of my boss. he just roasted East Timor just for the event.

will be food, h20, soda, toilets, cars, cops, marines, toys, media, good weather, and a bunch of nice people......

even santa is coming out!

:)

d

25. MIK911

MIK911 Rookie

May 23, 2004
    Awesome. U da man!

see ya sunday.
    mike