German Panzer | FerrariChat

German Panzer

Discussion in 'Other German' started by CornellCars, Nov 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Any suggestions on where to look for a surplus Panzer? The usual Google or eBay suspects seem to lead me to military surplus, but mostly personnel carriers etc so I figured I'd ask if anyone here has done this, knows anyone, etc...

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Ck with SparkyP51. He seems tied in with people that are into all kinds of military hardware.

3. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    ...i know your job may be stressful, but that is no reason to wage a siege against it with a tank :D. One of the Duponts used to drive around the area in a tank.

oh yea, when you are riding around in it, you have to play Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner :D

4. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I thought Wagner was for surfing and Hueys?

5. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    No, it is for destroying small vietnamese villages and napalm

6. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    a panzer will be quite difficult and expensive to come by, as you see the nazi's weren't that popular when the war ended, so nearly everything that had a tie to nazism was destroyed. if you just want a tank, try here:
    http://www.coldwarremarketing.com

my $.02

7. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Unfortunately not, although if you're into heavy guage motoring, a G-Wagon is always a fine solution.
    Have a browse at : www.g-wagen.co.uk

8. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    I saw a program on History Channel a while back that was a blast! It's called something like "Billionaire Toys"; and the episode I watched covered several guys who collected military vehicles. The ultimate collection belonged to one in the SanFran. area, and was extensive and impressive enough to include a Russian mobile ICBM launcher, complete with a deactivated missile atop!
    I am sure a DVD is availble on the website.
    Good luck with your Panzer search. :)

9. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    hard to come by.

do a search military vehicle clubs and exhibitors.

there is indeed a LARGE collection in the Bay Area... but I don think any are for sale (I can check, give me a few days).

short of a tank, which is a LARGE commitment in many ways...

consider a Pinzgauer. Street legal and all. Can be bought new if ya like.

10. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Like the one in the movie "Spies like us" with Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd? Wow, that "car" is huuuge and mean, how do club valets handle that?
    I wonder why no NBA players or rappers bought them already and put 35-inch chrome spinners :)

11. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I'd LOVE to own a Tiger tank, but last time I checked prices were at 1.5 million level. These things are seriously rare. (Thanks to the Russians who destroyed most of them).

12. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Great Idea!!! That would be the ultimate vehicle to own. There are 5 models that would be on my list King Tiger, Tiger I, Panther, Panzer IV, and Sturmgeschutz. Problem is they are incredibly rare. Only 5 King Tigers in the world and only 3 are complete. Most are owned by govt. entity's.

The best collection is at the bovington tank museum at the British tank proving grounds in southern england. I have been there and have stood inside the turret of a Tiger 1 looking over the barrel of the massive 88. At the time they were overhauling the engine to make it run. In the US try the aberdeen proving grounds where the jackass'es have some rusting away in the weather. The Tiger 1 is the ballsiest looking tank ever made but the Panther is the coolest.

Amazingly you might find one in the yugoslav area or possibly middle east. I spotted shermans being used by certain forces during coverage of the war in the balkans.

CHECK THIS OUT:

http://www.tiger-tank.com/

13. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I wouldn't be surprised that you could find a few damaged rusting hulks and restore them though. Getting the Maybach v-12 to run would be complicated though.

14. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    and that they were so complicated and expensive to build, and there wasnt much time left in the war.

but seriously a bada$$ tank.

"i have a porsche"
    "oh, what model, a 911 or something"
    "no, a porsche turret on my king tiger"
    hahahah

15. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Ludacris song comes to mind "Getoutta da way beyotch".

16. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    CHARLIE DON'T SURF!

17. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    THAT SMELL....THAT GASOLINE SMELL...NOTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD SMELLS LIKE THAT....