Ferrari and other cool car Insurance | FerrariChat

Ferrari and other cool car Insurance

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by afwrench, Dec 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Need some input re: insurance for my collection. Have 6 cars I want to put on the same policy 99Corvette,76Triumph TR6,68Porsche912,68Buick Lesabre,72Ferrari365gtc4,47Packard.Have gotten some quotes and prices seem right ,although a couple of companies dont want the Vette ,too new. Grundy seems best so far .Wondering if any of you have experience with them or others. How do you handle any restrictions , not so much about mileage but the occasional drive to work,etc. Thanks for any info.

2. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Can't you put the vette under a different policy with a different company?

3. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Not sure where you are but I have just arranged collector car insurance through AAA here in California for my '57 Buick Century I recently purchased. I wanted to just add the Buick to my AMEX Insurance with the other cars but it is too old, but AAA (who I had my other cars through before) is more expensive for the other cars so I am splitting it up. Gonna be a couple hundred bucks a year from AAA for the Buick with agreed value, $10K paint coverage, and a spare parts endorsement. $1K deductible for comp/collision. They don't have a "specific" mileage limitation but they would like it to be under 5K a year which is no worries for me. My commute is only 6 blocks so driving to work occasionally won't void the policy either.

Because I live in a loft in downtown LA and don't have a "lockable garage" I couldn't use the traditional collector policies but again no worries with AAAofSC but this is a new product for them so they may just be learning....

Cheers
    Kevin

4. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Try Hagerty insurance Traverse City Michigan. You can get a quote on their website.

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Grundy seems to prefer insuring multiple cars, so you are probably a perfect candidate for them (the Corvette aside). As I have only one collector car, they weren't really interested in my business, so I wound up first with Leland West (who I found to be too inflexible) and now with Hagerty.