Boston's North Shore Bi-Weekly F-Drive | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Boston's North Shore Bi-Weekly F-Drive

Discussion in 'New England' started by Ferrari 328 Euro, May 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    #126 Pizzaman Chris, Nov 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    I think it will be last chance to get CS out before winter.
    Snow is all gone in Newton, sun is out. It should be dry by Sunday.

Gene

3. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon

Hey Ron!

More often than not, we usually meet up for a cup of coffee (or two) and hang out to catch up while chatting about our favourite subject - Ferrari's! It seems that most of us are busy with family and other obligations that we usually don't get any real drives in. The Summer is usually when we do more of the drives.

We meet at the Starbucks in Beverly on Rt. 1A at 9:30. Nothing formal or anything, just a chance to chat and hang out.

Brandon

Is it just me or are you guys starting to get a little depressed as the season is quickly coming to a close? Soon enough there will be no good weekends to drive and there will be salt down everywhere.... Man, I need a drink now! :(

4. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Guys,

If we are still on for Sunday, please post directions.
    What exit off 128?

Thank you

Gene

5. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen

Gene I will give you a call sometime tomorrow afternoon.

-Jason

6. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak

Great.

7. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore

Take the RT-1A North exit- EXIT 20A- toward HAMILTON

Starbuck's is on the right next to Bertucci's

8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Sorry guys, season is over for me. I went out this morning to do a few errands and the roads in Andover and North Reading have enough salt on them to turn one of the great lakes into a sea. I can't imagine why on Earth they use so much salt, and can't help but think it just can't be good for the environment. I mean, if you build a house, they make you put silt fencing all around the construction zone...God forbid you get a little sand into a wet spot on the ground that someone has deemed to be a wetland. But a 1/2" dusting of snow warrants 4 million pounds of salt be dispensed on every road--to wash into every stream and river in spring. The roads are now literally white with salt around my house and the snow is long gone! Looks like the Ferraris are in for the season unless we get a hell of a rainstorm.

John--glad we made it last week and that is the ONLY time I have every seen the top up on your Spider!

Birdman

9. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Greg,
    Great meeting you and Roman and welcome to our Fgang! Nice looking SS you have there!

Did anyone else notice the red Mondial T that was heading up 1A towards Starbucks from the highway as we were leaving? I was wondering if it was a coincidence, or someone that was late to our gathering? Anyone here??

Birdman

10. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Guys,

Anybody is comming?

11. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I think I'm done too.
    I still haven't changed the oil yet and am concerned with putting the car away as is......
    Should I be worried? We put about 2500 miles on the car (and oil) this year. What is the opinion of the group? Is it necessary to change the oil or can I do it in the spring?
    - Ron

12. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I'm presuming you're using a good synthetic motor oil. 2500 miles is NOTHING. If you changed your oil last fall, then you should change it again before you park it for the winter. It's better to have clean oil before you store it, rather than changing it in the spring. BUT, if you don't get around to it, don't lose sleep over it; changing it in the spring is fine.

vty,

--Dennis

13. glpellegrino

glpellegrino Karting

Oct 21, 2005
    Eastern Mass
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #138 glpellegrino, Nov 27, 2005
  14. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    It's not over yet...maybe. We're supposed to get a big rain storm tomorrow. keep fingers crossed for a nice day Sunday. So, if we get rain tomorrow and a decent day on Sunday and no snow between now and then, we can try to meet again on Sunday the 4th. YEAH, Ferraris in December!

Birdman

15. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    i think i can make it the 4th so lets hope the weather complies

16. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I'm hoping for good weather on Sunday the 4th, as well.

This morning the weather forecast said something about Sunday's high temp at 30-degrees and possible snow flurries (Fri- Sun).

I think we have ALL learned to never take anything to heart as the weather forecast is almost never really accurate this far ahead...

Assuming it is decent enough weather, I hope to see as many as possible on Sunday. Dress warm, as last weekend it was not so bad out, but after some time hanging around outside, we were all starting to really freeze...

Hang in there guys!

17. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #142 dan360, Nov 30, 2005
  18. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    Gene, Birdman, Dan, Brandon et al., RI had it's first significant snowfall last week (I noticed eastern MA hardly got any!) and it scared me into moving the 330 into winter hibernation. I hope you guys have a great time at your next gathering and I will see you again when the ***** willows bloom.

BTW, remembering my first visit, you all might give Alex Finigan a call at Paul Russell to see if he would be up for a visitation. I am sure he is chock full of goodies by now!

19. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Good idea!!

Sam, see you in the spring!

Birdman

20. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    They are calling for snow tomorrow, but I don't know when. I guess we just watch the weather and check here in the AM and we'll decide at the last minute! If the gathering were today we would have perfect weather. I actually got the Mondial out of the garage for a drive yesterday.

Birdman

21. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    a few things i couldnt get out of came up so i wont be able to make it tomorrow. hopefully the weather will hold and you guys can have a good time.

22. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Guys,

Sorry can't make it. I am in snowy Moscow.
    I saw F430 driving thru with 2-3 inches of the show on the ground yesterday.
    Vehicle was yellow coupe, but you can hardly see color thru all the dirt on the car.

Enjoy the drive.

Gene

23. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Oh well, it figures it would snow last night!! Looks like we're probably done for the season!

Birdman

24. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    We did have a good run of nice weather, I suppose it had to snow at some point.

25. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Yup! Looks like this season has come to a close.... I'm going to really miss you guys....

Till next Spring....Everyone have a great holiday and a great new year!