How do you afford your exotic car collection!?!! | FerrariChat

How do you afford your exotic car collection!?!!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by robiferretti, Dec 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    fairly surprising story, guy who I used to run into with a ford GT, GT2, GT3, was buying a murcielago at the time I talked with him...

(12/01/05) TENAFLY - "The Tenafly community is in shock following the arrest of Councilman Jeffrey Romano Wednesday on drug charges.

According to police, Romano was arrested in Newark shortly after leaving a public housing complex. Police say they pulled the councilman over after witnessing narcotics activity at the housing facility. Upon inspection of his vehicle, authorities say they found 40 small envelopes of heroin.

Romano, a 43-year-old married father of two, was just re-elected to his post in a campaign claiming he was “for the preservation of Tenafly’s character.” Stunned residents say Romano is a dedicated politician who works hard for the community. Under state law, Romano would have to resign as councilman if he is found guilty of the drug charges."

He's screwed!

2. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    kinda like mayor crack head barry [ DC]

3. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    And you just know that the DARE program is going to get his exotics (at least one), and paint it all up with the DARE logo. Then they get to show it off at schools as a former drug dealers car. There's an RX7 that the cops in Bridgeport, CT have all DARED up.

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Hmmm, let me look into my crystal ball.

So he "Donates" his cars to a charity, get's a tax deducation and gets his sentence reduced for civic leadership, moral leadership, community involvement, and significant donations to an anti-drug campaign. He may loose his position as politician, but becomes head of the local dare chapter for his generous donations and drives his cars around to garner support for DARE.
    Then, Hollywood wants to do a movie about this upstanding citizen who stumbles only to recover and become a model citizen and civic leader once again.

{choke}{sputter} I think I'm going to be sick.

5. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I think I may linger around the gov't auction listings for a while. Get myself a sweet deal on the Murcie or Ford GT. Though I know there's probably corruption there too.

6. 8fiddy

8fiddy Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bergen County
    Full Name:
    Adam
    WOW... I used to see this guy up at Spring Valley on Sunday nights. Sometimes he came in a white Ford Gt and other times in a Gt2. Very surpised to say the least.