They did it! | FerrariChat

They did it!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Texas Forever, Dec 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Somehow, my Seminoles won. GREAT GAWD ALMIGHTY!!!!

PAPA JOE v. BOBBY BOWDEN

THE GRANDPA BOWL!!!!!!

2. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    #2 BigDog, Dec 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    A lot of folks were predicting it!

4. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    Looks like VT will play Louisville in the Gator Bowl. I sure wish we had our starting QB. (knee injury)

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dale.

Care to make a friendly little bet on the game? I'll take PSU, we wait for the points.....

Winner gets the loser to pop some bucks for their favorite charity and sends the winner to the country of his choice for a two week vacation?

OK, skip the vacation, but how about $50 for charity. I'd want it to go to Doctors Without Borders.

I have lots of friends in Nittany Lion land, and would love to make the game a bit more interesting to watch.

WADDA YA SAY???

Dave

6. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Might be interesting. This has been a smoke and mirrors season for FSU. They are not as good as everyone thought, nor as bad.

I'm actually more jazzed about Paterno and Bowden playing each other than anything else. I have been hoping for this almost all season. To me this will be the best bowl game of the season. Bowden almost always gets his kids ready for a big bowl game. Paterno, sad to say, hasn't been to one in so long that I don't even recall his bowl record.

So screw the Rose Bowl. Who really cares when you have the two of the greatest coaches ever playing each other.

Give me some time to think about a bet. I never gamble, because when I was 19 I won the lottery. The draft lottery.

Dale

7. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Me and my friends are going down there for the game all the way from Happy Valley. should be a great game! (plus we'll be in miami for new years...looking forward to hitting up the scene there)

Dale,

Im pretty sure that Joe Pa has 20 bowl wins (i think its like 20-11-1) and Bowden has 19 bowl wins.

Lets go PSU

8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Dave, I'm really conflicted by this. Even though I'm a FSU grad, I might be pulling for Paterno here. He is one of the greatest coaches of all time. Then again, so is Bobby Bowden.

I haven't followed Penn State this year. They must have a good team to get this far. FSU started out with a monster defense (remember the Miami game), but a number of those guys are out. Their quarterback is overachieving. FSU doesn't have a running game, and they won the VT game on special teams.

Then again, Bowden always seems to have his teams ready for big games.

I'll tell you what -- Here's my bet:

Win/Lose, I'll send $50 to that pinko commie group of yours - Doctors Without Borders (just kidding about the pinko comment)

Win/Lose, you send a box of car magazines, paperback books or whatever to:

Hospital Chaplain
    332 Air Force Theater Hospital
    332 AEW/EMDG
    APO AE 09315

Deal?

Dale

9. Ducky355

Ducky355 Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Oaks, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I was hoping we would get a rematch against Ohio State.. so that PSU didn't have to share a Big 10 title.

Especially since they share it with the team they beat (ohio state).

10. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill

There shouldnt be any sharing of the big 10 in the first place since we 1) beat them head to head and 2) have a better overall record

plus going to a bowl game to watch psu vs ohio state would not be very exciting considering we just played them in october. id much rather see us play a team that we dont usually get a chance to play....