Anybody any idea... | FerrariChat

Anybody any idea...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by FerrariStuff.com, Dec 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    which "anonymous collector" bought this lot?

>>>
    Bonhams is delighted to announce the purchase by private treaty of the WilliamsF1 Reserve Collection, ahead of its scheduled auction on December 14 at WilliamsF1 headquarters in Grove, Oxfordshire. A private collector who wishes to remain anonymous bought the Reserve Collection for a substantial undisclosed sum.

The Williams F1 Reserve Collection of Formula One cars and related collectibles and memorabilia has attracted worldwide attention since Bonhams first announced it would be sold.

The auction, scheduled for December 14, will be replaced by an open day, providing would-be bidders, catalogue holders and enthusiasts with the unique opportunity to visit the nine-times Formula One Constructors' World Champion team's stunning in-house museum.

Anyone who has already purchased a Sale catalogue and who prefers not to attend this open day function will be fully refunded upon application to Bonhams.<<<

More can be found here:
    http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=HeadlineDetails&iHeadlineNo=1587

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
  3. spidey

spidey Karting

Maybe BMW !!

4. Wouter Melissen

Wouter Melissen Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
    The lots included Cosworth, Honda, Judd, Renault, Supertech and BMW powered cars. BMW's involvement with Williams has been the team's least succesful period, so I doubt BMW has a lot of interest in acquiring anything and I'm sure they'll have a sample of each car already.

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    My father is the Williams fan in the family, but I can say that it wasn't him.

6. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Perhaps my wife is going to surprise me for Christmas!

7. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The Sultan of Brunei? Who knows.........

8. macca

macca Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2003
    Word has it that it's someone from the USA; a lot of collectors (and dealers!) in the UK are pretty annoyed at the cancellation, are hoping that the buyer paid a true value rather than the low 'get the suckers in' catalogue estimates, and that he will offload some of the smaller bits & pieces in time if he really wanted whole cars.

Paul M

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The usual suspects......;)...but not me!!!!!

10. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Gotta pay for the Cosworths somehow.....

11. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    My guess...the Chinese government.

12. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Didn't Williams also own a Ferrari F1 car from around 1990? Is that part of the sale too?

Ciao, Peter

13. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Just got info from Bonhams:
    "We sold the 1990 Ferrari F1/90 Tipo 641/2 F1 Racing Single-Seater that belonged to Sir Frank Williams, at last year's Gstaad sale on 18 December 2004.

The chassis no. was 118. "

Ciao, Peter

14. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Yes. They got it directly from Ferrari as part of a pay off for Jean Alesi's contract, which he had already signed for the 1991-season. If only he had known in advance... Poor kid. It is a Nigel Mansell 641/2. I believe it was in the sale. Don't know for sure though.

I think Paul Stoddard is the one. He likes this kind of thingies and has got some money to spare as of recently.

15. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Hi Marnix,

See my post #13 for the answer.

Ciao, Peter

16. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    So it's been 12 years. Has the anonymous buyer really managed to keep it a secret for that long?

-Ed