365 Boxer Values | FerrariChat

365 Boxer Values

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Steve B, Dec 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Has anyone noticed that the 365 Boxer now has the highest price of all the Boxers in the Ferrari Market Letter asking price index?

2. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I would love to have a 365 Boxer with the tiny three pipe euro exhaust, in yellow, with Boxer trim. They are great cars and deserve to be on the "most sought after" list. At some point all 12 cylinder cars are going to be big dollar cars.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There is one of that description in FL right now.....$98K. ;)

4. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Many of you remember this car on eBay last year with a large rear wing. Owner had a hard time selling it for $65,000. Motorcar Gallery buys it, tinkers with it a little and boom(!)... the price is now $98,000. For the purported mileage, must have been some really hard driving with numerous flat tires, if the knock-off hammer is any indicator. It was a decent driver at $65K.

KevFla

5. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Numerous flat tires....LOL. Perhaps the owner worked at a roofing nail company.

6. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    #6 callchuck, Dec 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey I have a 1974 365 GT4 BB I might let of for the right price. It has 30K miles on it....serial #0007.... red with black bottom....Clint Eastwood owned this car.... and it is in perfect condition. It is featured in Makes and Model Magazine this month...check it out.
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Did you add the spoiler, larger wheels, and fog lamps or did the PO do that work?

8. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    The PO had the work done. The motor has had some upgrades also. That is why the rear Daytona rims were added along with the radiator and spoiler. Lots and lots HPPPPPPPP!

9. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Are you sure the chassis number is #)007? This is not an in range number fora 365BB. My 1974 Production 365BB is #18265 - all 365BB were in the 17XXX 18XXX or 19XXX range. Additionally, Ferrari never used triple leading zeros - in other words, the oldest known surviving Ferrari is 02/C, not 0002/c.

Let us know,

Alex

10. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    This is the motor serial # you are correct abotu the chassis number

11. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    This is not a proper engine number either. The engine number would be a five digit number preceeded by the engine type. For example, my 365BB engine number is 00260, and it is properly written as F102A*00260*.

You will forgive my cynicism, but the internet is full of scams, and I am starting to feel like this may be one of them. Please forgive me, and prove me wrong - I would be happy to admit my mistake. Just post the actual chassis and engine numbers of your car (and some more pics), and I will tell everyone I was wrong and you are a stand up guy.

Thanks,

Alex

12. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i have seen this car in the flesh and it is legit. i have also know the "clint" boxer since i was young , living in greenwich, ct. the car was serviced by jean louis laberton and franco genese at le mans 24 hour garage. the car was not rosso corsa back in the day however, but the cars history is known to many. incidentally, franco is now at shelton ferrari if there are any more doubters.

chucks car is nice and is legit...chuck also seems to be a nice guy fwiw.

w/ good taste in women too!

not a scam guys.

13. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    My vin # is 17257 my engine # does have 007 or 0007 I am not sure at this time. My car is in my warehouse. I pulled my papers on the car this is the vin#. I do not memorize my vin# on my cars, I have a few.
    To prove you are wrong please call anybody at Ferrari of Atlanta(678-802-5000)... Wade is the top mechanic, Mark is the service manager, Harold and Ken in parts. These guys are the ones who told me the car belonged to Clint Eastwood after I bought it. I had no knowledge when I bought it. The seller did not either.

Robert Ball @ Supercars International(770-967-0774) also knows this car inside and out. This car has history! You my friend need to tell your Ferrari buddy's this is not a scam. This car originally was traded out of a Ferrari collection with 3 or 4 other cars for a Enzo!
    Thanks again for your interest.

14. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    #14 callchuck, Dec 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I thought I sent these already

15. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    What is your asking price? Thats fine and dandy that clint eastwood owned it but doesnt add any value to it if I was the buyer.

16. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    Somewhere around $100

17. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    And, true to my word - I extend my apology for doubting you. I have just seen too many cars for sale with bogus vins, etc. Still, this is clearly not one of them, sorry it set off my radar.....please forgive my mistake!

Humbly,

Alex

18. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    Thanks for the compliment. Did I meet you at the Lemans race in Atlanta?
    Chuck

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Man, how did you get that many letters on a plate????????

Nice shoes.........LOL! ;)

20. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    I do humbly forgive you! Thanks for being on top of your game. You are right about the scam artist. All of the future Ferrari owners should appreciate your knowledge and interest in cars.
    Thanks again!
    Chuck

21. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    The Magazine enhanced the plate so you could not read my plate.

22. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

yes chuck. we met in turn 7. the cars were so loud we unable to carry on any real conversation, but we did discuss my familiarity of your car and its' service history while in eastwood's possession. i then had to run off and join my group. we will run into each other again soon chuck...no worries.

btw, if you would like me to put you in touch w/ jean louis regarding your cars service history, i would be happy to as he remains a good friend of mine.
    it may be helpful to fill in the blanks for any nay sayers.

let me know.

pcb

23. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    Please let me get in touch with Jean Louis.
    Thanks again for your compliment.
    Chuck

24. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Chuck,

What was the4 original color of the car?

Regards,

Art S.

25. boxer frank

boxer frank Karting

Sep 30, 2004
    toronto canada
    Full Name:
    FRANK
    so sad that woman is blocking our view of that beautiful sexy flat 12!