Need a good model builder | FerrariChat

Need a good model builder

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by WILLIAM H, Dec 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I bought some nice Fujimi kits of Koenig TRs. I can build models but I always mess up the paint so I want to get a Pro to build these for me to my specs.

Is anybody here up for the job or do you know any good model builders ?
    Thanks

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ask our sponsor Cavallino Models. They do exquisite work. I take it you're talking about slutmobile and the racecar?

3. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I used Alex @ Italianhorses.com (or is it .net), but he got so back logged he shipped the rest of my kits back unbuilt.

4. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yes, sounds like a good idea :) I'll see if they are interested, thanks

5. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    I would love to try, but it would be wrecked during shipment back I am afraid, and I need a new spray gun for the paint, that I unfortunately can't afford:(

Good luck though :)

Brian

6. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    I will make a Koenig competition in 1/18 based on BBurago in Xmas, wish to get another koenig model placed besides my koenig 288GTO, maybe you will interested.

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    William, I tried to PM you, but your box is full.

Try Dennis Koleber at www.denniskoleber.com, he is in Texas. I have had him build some Ferrari models for me, he is one of the best. This is all he does, and is usually building for owners of the 1/1 car.

8. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    are you building the 1/18 Koenig yourself ?

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thanks, Ive used him before I'll contact him

10. sparticus

sparticus Rookie

Jul 5, 2005
    Try Peter Wingfield at [email protected]. He's in Clearwater,FL. He had a bad falling out these past few yrs with bad business decisions but he's supposedly apologized to everyone on 11/05 via ebay groups (1/43 Handbuilt Builders and Collectors Group). He actually got sued on people's court this yr for models not delivered. He's a great builder but if you go this route I'd advise not to send prepayment(which got him in trouble with alot of customers) and ask him for a realistic timeframe. He may be more realistic with completion of your stuff as your not to far from him. I've had his wrk in my hands in the past and they are top-notch. His ebay user_id is: plm-studio. Good Luck.