The One Thing FNA Needs To Do [Assume They Are Reading This Thread]! | FerrariChat

The One Thing FNA Needs To Do [Assume They Are Reading This Thread]!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Dec 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Who knows if FNA frequents FChat or not, but assuming for a New York Minute that they do, what would your one constructive comment to them be in order to improve the Ferrari customer experience.

Mine would be to institute dealer feedback forms so that each dealer is rated based on sales and service. This way, the bad ones can be identified and dealt with accordingly. Porsche and others operate in this manner and I feel a large part of their customer service culture stems from the fact that they know they are going to be evaluted on it.

What else?

2. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    Like Dodge's "5-Star" system? Not a bad idea.

3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    They have an internal ratings system in place already. I get calls from FNA after a service or repair. It's basically a questionaire that rate each part of the experience.

4. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Yes I also would like to let Ferrari North America know I didn't enjoy being riped off when buying parts for the Ferrari 308 I just sold. I am very pleased with the Corvette Spyder I just purchased, and parts won't cost me a arm and leg.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I love when you buy a car from a major car dealer these days. Before the salesmen gives you the form he asks something like "Is there anything at all you weren't happy with and won't give me a perfect rating on?".

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Do you know if it's done with all service calls for all customers?

7. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Don't know. See if anyone else chime in on this. They usually call me about a week or so after service or repair.

8. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    The J. D. Powers surveys (and their imitators) are well-known scams in the industry. Everyone uses a customer satisfaction survey and they all know their dealers do everything possible to skew the results. Still, they pay bonuses and incentives on these flawed results.

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

NOPE.

I get my car serviced at Algar. Now maybe Ferrari isn't interested in how well Algar does with my 30+ year old car, they may just want to know about new/newer ones.

Oh, BTW FNA, Algar does a fantastic job with my car.

DM

10. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Ferrari Of Dallas was very through w/ me. They provided private ride to home if necessary, and straight forward w/ quotes & sales.

I haven't had much experience w/ Boardwalk yet. They said that they'll put me on the waiting list for 430, but it'll take more than 2 years so they'll call once I'm getting on the top of the waiting list. Since then I haven't been there.

I agree w/ Rob's comment, and my reply is that they'll know by my survey's reply. So far, I haven't had any unpleasant car sales person yet.

11. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Were you charged more than their list price?

12. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It is my understanding that no one who can implement the types of rules/changes mentioned here, reads FerrariChat...

13. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Why would you say that...and would they let you know if they did?

In any event, what's your suggestion?!

14. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'd like to know why it's always cheaper to buy parts on the secondary market than through FNA sources like dealers. When I can buy the same part from overseas, pay the tariff, and pay to ship it here and it's still cheaper, there's something wrong with FNA's system.

I'd love to be able to buy parts from the dealer 60 miles away from me, they're great folks to deal with. I don't have a problem with them making a profit either. The problem is, I can't see paying two or sometimes three times what I can get the same parts for elsewhere. All that mark-up can't be at the local level can it?

Obviously these other sources are making money while selling the parts for a lot less. If FNA controls the prices of the parts they may need to re-think thier strategy.

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i don't have any "ins" at FNA... No special connections or anything like that... But i keep my ear to the ground...

LOL, i'm too biased to the cars and everything i'm learning about the history of the cars and factory and the owners to suggest anything that might make sense... :)

16. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

It is no different with other imports. I have bought Benz parts retail for less in the Fatherland than half of net price here.

The US dealer network is the most expensive place to buy anything. That prob even goes for Ford parts.

17. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    I have never gotten a call and have been in for service at the dealer many times.

18. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Each FNA source have to charge their commission to the price, too. I don't know what is their mark-up, but since there's cheaper source from the secondary market, you can guess.

It's just different market comparing Ferrari & Ford, Toyota, etc. If FNA dealers are in business for this long, their major customers don't price shop for services/parts.

19. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If FNA is reading, I've been very happy with all of my dealings with:

Ferrari of Atlanta
    Ferrari of Dallas
    Ferrari of Houston
    Ferrari of Central New Jersey
    Shelton Ferrari

And if you are taking notes, make cars again out of the F40 mold without all of the fancy electronics...

20. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    BLASPHEMY!!!! :D

21. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    Don't think it's just FNA or just America. I just bought TWO air conditioning compressors filter driers, and expansion valves, AND shipped them halfway around the world (California to Dubai) for less than my local VW dealer wanted for ONE compressor. Got here quicker too, as the dealer didn't have it in stock. And yes it's apples to apples, OEM new parts.

I think the simple answer to your question is that enough Ferrari owners (or their mechanics) just buy from the local dealer and never even think about shopping around. Patrs departments (for all brands) make their money selling to garages, corporate fleets, and their own service department, that sort of thing. The private DIY owner is an afterthought. And they charge him a higher price too.

22. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    My Ferrari is a '79 and I'm a DIY'er on that, it's my hobby.

I've had good dealer experiences with my wife's Mercedes though. The dealer sent us a tin of cookies for Christmas, they always greet us by name when we go in for service and even give us a brand new Mercedes for a loaner if they can't get our car in at exactly the time of our appointment. "I apologise, but we're a little backed up right now and can't get your car in right away, we can give you this E500 to use if you have errands you need to run." Not bad. Most places offer you free coffee and tell you to have a seat.

The key to great customer service is to treat every customer like he's the only one you've got. I would not hesitate to buy the next Mercedes at the local dealer or refer a friend to them. I know several F-car owners that have been frustrated with FNA. Maybe they should look at Mercedes for some pointers.

23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    FNA needs to teach it's dealers to quit being such damned snobs.

The guy who is buying an entry level car today will most likely buy something uprange tomorrow. Telling the 3x8 buyer that you "don't have time to discuss those models" when the dealership is empty doesn't win friends, nor repeat customers.

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    This statement applies to ALL businesses...!
    Very well said, Pete...

25. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    Especially when your entry level car costs the same as 15 Ford Focuses. Most people don't pay that for their house. Yeah, Ferrari customers need to be catered to. When you are buying a Ferrari, you are buying the whole package and don't really need a snooty salesman. I'm not in the market for a new Ferrari, but if I were, I'd expect them to bend over backwards before, during and after the sale.