2005 F430 listed for $194,900 | FerrariChat

2005 F430 listed for $194,900

Discussion in '360/430' started by JWLee, Dec 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JWLee

JWLee Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Jong Lee
    I am in the market for a F430 and late last night I noticed a 2005 red, F1 F430 with 1290 miles for sale in Illinois on Cars.com. There is another similar car listed at a similar price but I later found out that it is the same car, just listed twice for some reason.

I called them this morning and the car was sold yesterday :(. The seller was a Lexus dealer and they were selling the owner's car at MSRP.

To me, this seems almost unbelievably too low. Is this a fluke or a combination of winter/decreasing demand in that area? Or, perhaps some dealers trying to sell the 2005's before it is 2006?

I am confused. The lowest that I can get a local dealer to come down on a similar car(red, F1, 1100 miles, MSRP slightly under 190K) was about 40K over.

2. Dusty @ MVP

Dusty @ MVP Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    Paradise, TX
    Full Name:
    Dusty Womack
    Wow what a deal someone got! I certainly have not seen one at MSRP or I would have gotten that instead of the 360. I definitely believe it is a fluke. Actually I hope it is a fluke, these cars are not ready for MSRP!

Dusty

3. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Well I know of a few dealers who have bought 430 coupes back from existing customers for MSRP or just under MSRP so perhaps this dealer just wanted to get rid of it quickly without having to look for someone to pay 10-20k over? It certainly is possible. They could have atleast tried to get a few bucks over....?

4. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    DJ4200GT,
    Last thread you started you said you already owned a 430. Isn't it time to do your homework or past your bedtime?

Dave

5. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    So because I already own a 430 that means I can't make comments on the pricing? It must be past your bedtime because you dont seem very coherent in your line of thinking. I suggest you stop posting just for the sake of antagonizing.

6. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    It's called a loss leader. I was in the business for a long time, it is common. However, in this case I doubt they actually sold the car for that number or even had one for that matter. It is actually illegal unless they used a stk number in the ad. AND, then if they did do that, then if they can not supply a buyers order for that stk # and price, then they could be in a bunch of trouble. Real estate agents do this often as well to generate phone traffic and leads. SImple lead generation is all it is.... If you called 3 days before, the car would still have been sold the day before....... get it?

7. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    I agree with you that dealers do this but why would a Lexus dealer do this with a Ferrari?

8. JWLee

JWLee Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Jong Lee
    I am sure that goes on but in this case, I think it was legit. First of all, that was the only Ferrari they had for sale - nothing else to bait and switch. The ad is still on Cars.com. It looks legit to me.

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

As soon as I heard the, "oh yea, we just sold it yesterday" line, I would consider the whole thing to be suspect. No one leaves $30+K on the table for no reason.