Karting nights | FerrariChat

Karting nights

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bobafett, Dec 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    With the cold weather and lack of night-drives for people, I figure karting is a good way to get some fumes going to the brain and still get a good group together.

Not sure what specials GKR is running these days, but I believe Tuesday nights are the way to go. Plus we get Shepard's Pie and Guinni (multiple Guinness) afterwards.

I can do anytime this week, next week, whatever. Who else is in? Rich (duh), Andy used to threaten that he'd show himself, Gary, Luke, Matt, Phil, etc.

Arun, Yin, Nizam - all of you south bay kids should come out it's tons of fun. (Well, I know Nizam's made it before). And ANDREW - you have *zero* excuses.

--Dan

2. dexter

dexter Karting

Nov 22, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Dexter
    This sounds fun. We did a group of about 30 people in Fremont about a month ago and it was a blast. Financialman (Dan) went to our event.

Please let me know when and where.

Thanks.

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Sounds like fun. What/where is "GKR"?

4. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    www.gokartracer.com

one exit south of SFO.

I have been to GKR and Lemans in Fremont, maybe a little to much and I would have to say that the GKR is better run, better equipment and better tracks.

Oh and re: tonight, not sure if I can or not. Audi is in the Dealer for Wty. work and may be carless for a night....

5. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I used to go to GKR a lot. I would be down to go tonight, but I have a holiday party to go to.

How does tomorrow night sound? I have 100 laps on my gift certificate I have to use.

Dan - this would also be a good time to get together and plan the "rally". Over some beers and Shepard's pie!

6. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    have dinner plans tommorw night.......have fun.

7. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    Yes this was a great event That Dexter's business put on, Thank's again Dex. As far as this one goes, I would not be able to make it until the week between Chistmas and New year's. Alot of family stuff going on! Dan

8. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    BTW, I heard Le Mans karting in Fremont has an indoor and outdoor track combo. Is this true?

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    How does thursday work for you guys? Phil has been itching to go, according to Matt.

--Dan

10. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    That might work for me too.

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Can't due Wednesday night, Thursday might work.

12. dexter

dexter Karting

Nov 22, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Dexter
    They do have an outdoor track but when we went there we only got to use the indoor track.

When we did our event, we did a race type event. Qualifying, Semi Finals, and Finals, the main event. They were even points involve. The top three were given medals. It was really a nice set up.

If we get enough people, maybe we can have a race event as well. And only us on the track.

13. DLuxxx

DLuxxx Karting

Nov 27, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Derrick

they have plan to combine the indoor and outdoor tracks soon but it is not open yet. they have a new track indoors and new gear also. they've gotten alot better. i go there at least 3 times a month and they're great. i went to GKR on a monday when they combine the two track. really great track. i would highly recomend going to lemans. but keep updating us on the date.

14. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Hey guys,

I can't do this week, but I can probably make it next Wednesday or Thursday.

15. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Thursday works for me as well.....

16. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    I'd love to join. Weekends work well for me. Unless it's 12/23 or 12/26, I probly can't make it during the week. I'll keep checking this post. Hope to meet you all.

17. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    So if thursday works for a lot of yo uguys let's say this thursday 7pm at GKR?

--Dan

18. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    I would say meet there by 6.30 if you want to try and make Finn McCools

:D

19. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Whatever, works for me.

--Dan

20. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    OK--

I just called GKR and Monza has a group event on it till 9.30 pm. So there is no way to run that and Yokohama has an event till 6.30. SO, if you want to go still (which I will not be) you can run Yokohama all night only.

Just a FYI for everyone.

Next Tuesday may be better?!?!??

21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Sigh, I will be in Tahoe the first half of next week.

22. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Let's push it off then. I like runnig yoko, but the whol etime? Of course Rich the elitist will only run yoko when forced to. :D ;)

--Dan

23. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    its boring.

Simple as that. no challenge, no exciting places to pass, which happens often for some of us ;), and only 25 second laps. That extra 4 seconds makes a big difference!! :D