looking for a black/tan 355 | FerrariChat

looking for a black/tan 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by 95acuransx, Nov 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95acuransx

95acuransx Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    After many years of dreaming I have decided to get a black/tan 355. I'm looking for a 96-98 with less than 25,000 miles with a recent major service.
    I would really like a GTS model but they seem quite rare. Marshall Goldman has a 97 berlinetta with only 7,699 miles and a recent major service 9/04. Car fax shows 4 owners which seems a little high but otherwise at first glance I see no other negatives except the price seems a little high $88,900. Also Ferrari of Atlanta has a 97 black/tan 355 berlinetta with 5,800 miles. Major service was done 6/02. Car fax shows 3 owners although the site says it had 2. The price is also $88,000. My initial thinking is that the one at Marshall Goldman would be the better choice because the service was done last year. Any thoughts on these cars would be appreciated as well as any info on a black tan 355 GTS. The GTS would be great but may be too hard to find which is why i'm considering the berlinetta. Thanks for any thoughts.

2. onefast99

onefast99 Rookie

Nov 1, 2005
    warren nj
    Full Name:
    brian
    I am in the same boat, trying to find a 98 or 99 355. I spoke with jason and he seems to be a sqaure shooter he is in Florida(i dont have his email here)Darrell at Sportauto in North carolina is a good guy to run some things by. Good luck.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Speak with Black 355 on this board. He's got a nice Black / Tan GTB. Tell 'em ghost sent ya - ;)

4. 38 Off

38 Off Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Pace, FL
    Full Name:
    Phil Crain
    Looked at it briefly in the showroom a few weeks ago when have a car serviced, seems like a clean car. Their pricing is usually on the high side, (and they seem to get it), but maybe it would get you on the real (new car) list in the future (if you are in their market area).

5. redbull

redbull Rookie

Nov 17, 2005
    hi -
    i am selling my late 1996 black/tan f355 spider. i just had the 30k engine out service and the car has 12,500 miles. this car is in outstanding condition.
    [email protected]

6. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    BH1 bought a beautiful and well updated 355. I looked very seriously at that car and also reviewed all the work orders. A good deal of cash went into this car, and it is a beauty.

Great going.

There is another very nice Black/tan 355 I had looked at. You can see it at:

http://www.harrystoys.com/. It's Harry Kaufman in Wisconsin.

I have reviewed the repair orders on this one as well, and it, too, has had considerable work done. Not quite as much work as the one BH1 bought, but a sufficient amount I believe that would make this a good car.

It looks like a very nice car, and having been for sale for a while, Harry is certainly ready to move it out.

7. redbull

redbull Rookie

Nov 17, 2005
    i

8. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    www.kipshewardmotorsports.com just sold my 328GTS and he had a black/tan
    355GTB low mileage, great shape, along with a red GTS and spyder. Kip and his staff are great to work with and deals in quality cars. You can trust him and trust buying a car from him without looking at it first, but I am about 15 min. from his showroom and can always go and look at a car for you if interested.

9. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I just got an email back from the seller about the above car on ebay. I'd stay away from it.

Compression hasn't been tested, and when I asked him about the exhaust headers he said the car didn't have them since it was bone stock....

10. BH1

BH1 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    NSB, Fl & Aspen, Co
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Are you considering a spider or just coupes???

11. 95acuransx

95acuransx Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    I am looking for a black/tan coupe or GTS 96-98 with less than 20,000 miles with a major done within the last year or so. I am going to pass on the GTS mentioned on Ebay due to several factors. I would pretty much like it stock although an upgraded radio is fine.