Piston and rod from 360 Modena needed | FerrariChat

Piston and rod from 360 Modena needed

Discussion in '360/430' started by Marko@SupercarTuning, Dec 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marko@SupercarTuning

Jun 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Marko Djurich
    We are in the beginning phases of the STC 360 twin turbo system with fully built motor. This type of build up requires the use of forged internals. I would need a stock piston and rod temporarily to take measurements and initiate the production process of our forged versions. Thank you in advance.

Marko D.
    Supercar Tuning Center Inc.
    Elk Grove Village, Illinois
    World's Fastest and most powerful Street Supra
    8.45@162 @ 37 psi driven to and from the track
    1520 RWHP @ 59 psi

99' Corvette twin turbocharged
    670 RWHP @11 psi

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
  3. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I could be misremembering, but doesn't the 360 use titanium con rods and various other very strong very light parts to achieve it's high rpm range? Won't going to forged internals actually increase weight and potentially harm the motors ability to rev? Granted in a TT 360 you probably don't need to run an atmospheric redline, but it was something that popped into my head reading this...or are you planning on going to improved Ti pieces?

4. Marko@SupercarTuning

Jun 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Marko Djurich

We are currently using lightweight forged internals in my Toyota Supra. That motor sees over 10,000 RPM quite frequently at over 1600 crank HP. I am fairly certain there will be no issues regarding high RPM operation of our carefully selected and engineered components. We are going to incorporate some serious on and off road testing in an attempt to expose any issues before we offer an entire turbo package for the consumer. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Marko D.
    Supercar Tuning Center Inc.
    Elk Grove Village, Illinois
    World's Fastest and most powerful Street Supra
    8.45@162 @ 37 psi driven to and from the track
    1520 RWHP @ 59 psi

99' Corvette twin turbocharged
    670 RWHP @11 psi

5. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    Have you checked with CP ? I recall seeing/reading they had a nice forged 360 piston available. They should be able to build you something with a droped top ring, lower compression, oil holes, etc.