BMC air filters & the Stradale | FerrariChat

BMC air filters & the Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Dec 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    in your considered opinions are the BMC items BETTER than the FERRARI OEM items in the Stradale ?

2. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    My opinion is based on track testing, and yes they are.

When new, paper filters are adequate, however, they drop off alarmingly when dirty.

BMC will be the last filter you ever buy, and their performance is consistent.

3. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I'm sure there is a benefit to them (although I have no documented proof) since they make an audible difference. You can literally hear the air sucking through the side vents when accelerating whereas you do not hear it with the OEM filters (or very little). More free air flow is always a good thing. I have them on both my cars.

4. nerostradale

nerostradale Rookie

Oct 29, 2004
    Were Can you purchase BMC Filters?

5. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I get them from a local shop in L.A. called FX Performance. 310-575-5663. I'm sure they would send them to you.

6. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    so lets see

7. nerostradale

nerostradale Rookie

Oct 29, 2004
    Would it void your warranty if install these filters? (BMC)

8. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    I talked to the guys at Norwood in Dallas and they do not recommend aftermarket higher flow filters just b/c some more dirt will inevitably get into the motor and could potentially cause problems down the road. They didn't specify what type problems though. But on the other hand, I've used aftermarket filters (K&N) on several cars I've owned in the past and never had any issues....nor did I notice a difference in SOTP power. I am still considering BMC's for my 360, just haven't heard a lot of people's experience with them.

9. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    I have BMC CDAs (Carbon Dynamic Airbox) in my 97 355 and LOVE them. They sound great and I did notice some difference when I changed from dirty paper ones to the new BMC CDAs. I would never go back, and if the F1 teams uses them, I think my street car can handle them ok. Also, in the long run they are cheaper than the paper filters.

Brent

10. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    407-667-4300 Ferrari of Central Florida ask for Trent
    405-255-1803 NAPerformance ask for me (Kevin)

or just buy from BMC direct.