Honolulu F-car sighting | FerrariChat

Honolulu F-car sighting

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by EspritSE, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Red 328 westbound on Ala Moana at Cooke St. 1pm HST today.

Anyone here by chance?

Craig

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Might be one of the rentals on the island. I rented a black 328 there before I bought mine. But, I believe on the old board there was a discussion with someone who had a red 328 or was going to buy a red 328 in Honolulu.

3. zff

zff Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hey, another Hawaii guy. I think you, Alan, and I are the only ones from Hawaii here... and Alan posts here even less often than I do.

**EDIT** Oops, I forgot about Allen on Maui. ...and I also noticed Dave@EFI is here too.. he's another Hawaii dude.

4. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Haha. Mule, I most likely drove that same 328. '89 black/tan GTS, symbolic plate frame? Such an awsome time! I loved it. Pretty much drove it around the whole island. Such wonderful roads/scenery. It was in the summer of '01.

5. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i'm thinking there should be a hawaii spotters thread somewhere. they don't have their own regional section, but i spend a lot of time in hawaii.

it'd be nice to see some hawaii ferrari owners around. my brother always lets me know when he sees exotics since i'm not there at the moment. he's already seen a black 360 Spyder in Hawaii Kai, and a yellow Murcielago in downtown Honolulu.

6. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I've seen the black 360 for rent in Honolulu. Along with a yellow 355 next to it. They rent them from a gas station of all places. There is an F-car rental place in Waikiki also. Other than that, tons of NSX's and a bunch of Z06's. American muscle seems to be very popular over here. There are some really nice cars in the efiunlimited club. Dave contacted me a few months ago, and seems really nice. Maybe when I find some more time, I'll try to hook up with those guys and see what they are all about. Never really been big into car clubs, but we'll see.

7. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    last time i was there, summer 2003, they had a yellow 360 for rent. i guess they recently picked up the black 360 spyder? i still see that TdF blue 355 Spyder they rent and a red 355 spyder everytime i'm in waikiki. i've also seen a few tourists abuse the cra p out of the rentals.

they aren't all rentals, the red 355 spyder owner lives at the end of kapiolani park. it's actually more like diamond head. but i remember driving around the lookout point and seeing him pull his 355 out of the driveway. it sounded gorgeous.

there is also another red 355 that you might see around kahala. that is actually my dad's friend car. there's a silver 360M owner that lives near him in kahala too. lots of F-cars if you know where to look i guess.

btw, i'm also a huge Rover fan, my dad got a Disco S2, and a Freelander. they'll take us anywhere that hawaii has to offer.

8. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    yellow 360 spyder infront of ward shopping center last night.

9. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    saw my first 360CS in honolulu today, it was scuderia rosso and it was in hawaii kai.
    edit: i saw an original porsche 550 spyder the other day too, i figured it was worth mentioning with the fcars.

10. marco246

marco246 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2004
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Greetings from Da Big Island. I've seen only two Ferraris over here: a red (naturally) Testarossa in Hilo and a silver 348 ts between Kona and Waimea. As for me: Ferrari-less at this time but got the hots for a Dino.

11. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Same one. Led me to buy mine. Drove it in June of '01.

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  13. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Rosso Rubino 360 spider with shields Ward Ave. Saturday the 26th around noon.

14. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    i saw the same car heading into hawaii kai last night. we pulled up next to the guy and game him a thumb. he gave us a shaka back and he downshifted and took off. that guy was very cool. :)

15. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Just saw him again at Ala Moana and Cooke st.
    beautiful car! At least he had the top down this time ;)

16. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    Did you happen to go to the exotic car show a couple weeks ago? I think they had most of the F-cars on the island there. I rarely see any since I moved away from Waikiki. I usually only haver mine (308) out on the weekends at night, so I doubt you'll see me.

17. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Wow.... deep blue 360CS at the HomeDepot lot in Waikele. Stunning.

18. 355Aloha

355Aloha Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Honolulu Hawaii
    Full Name:
    John N
    I live up on Hawaii Loa Ridge, and besides my red 355, I know of at least 4 other Ferraris up here, may be more.

19. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Wow... in my years there I only saw a black 550 (on Kam at Sunset), red 348 and a handful of 308's - 3 red, 1 black. The black 308 lived at Waimea (that little subdivision around the Western ridge), and a red 308 somewhere down Ka'a'awa way.

I also spotted the rental 360 in yellow around a few hotels, etc. Also a bright red Murcielago on Nimitz... my friend spotted it too - he said that the older gentleman driving it had curbed the sides pretty badly [already]... Murci's had just come out.

Then again, I lived in La'ie and was only in town maybe once or twice a week. And even then did most shopping at Mililani WalMart and Waipio Costco.

20. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    HOWZIT!! I used to live up on Hawaii Loa as well. I sure miss that place.

21. 355Aloha

355Aloha Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Honolulu Hawaii
    Full Name:
    John N
    Only 50 lot left

22. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    there's a yellow gallardo that i keep seeing in hawaii kai. the guy drives it practically every day. it's great actually, nice to see him driving it around. today he was at costco hawaii kai and saw him again at koko marina.

23. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003