what to get the person who has everything | FerrariChat

what to get the person who has everything

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by s4dustin, Dec 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    any suggestions, i have racked my brain and can figure out what to get a person who "has everthing", for a Christmas gift....

2. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    Get him/her a watch. One can always use another watch.
    Kinda like one can always use another car :)

3. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    some laps over at JH Karting or some Track time @ Laguna Seca

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If they have a certain passion, use that idea for the gift. If they like cigars, maybe get them some of their favorites. If it's a close friend, maybe you have a picture of their car or a car they like and you can get it framed. A gift certificate to their favorite restaurant, store, hobby shop will go a long way. I think any friend would appreciate any gift you get them regardless of price as long as some thought went into it. My .02

5. MrGreenJeans

MrGreenJeans Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2005
    I had no idea what to get my parents for Hanukkah, so I started thinking about what they need, rather than what they want, cause they have everything and then some. So at Thanksgiving I was cuttting the turkey at their house and their knives just sucked ass. Dull as all hell! So I went to Sur La Table and bought then the big 18piece Henkels Knive set. It is perfect for them becasue it is something they need, and I know would never go out and spend $500 on knives. Some people have been telling me that buying someone knives is like buying socks or underwear, but its not. It is truly something that they can benefit from, and I know they wont go unused. So Dusty just think about simpler items that they need rather than racking your brain for what they want. If all else fails gift certicates to a nice restaurant, like Mastros in Beverly Hills, or Bed Bath and Beyond or even Best Buy. Then they can chose what they want. I personally like the dinner thing. Good luck!!!

6. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    You can buy them a 20x30" print from me! Bet they don't have one of those! ;)

7. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Last year, i bought the girlfriends family knives....yeah, i hate bad knives.

I really like to put a lot of thought into a gift, both personal and useful, but this year i am having a hard time...please keep the ideas coming....
    d

8. car-ographer

car-ographer Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    homeless in LA :-(
    Full Name:
    Jessica G.
    who is the gift for?...parents, wife, ? give us some more info...we will be able to help more if we know where its going..

9. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    -A trip to the spa
    -Certificates to a nice restaurant
    -Photo frames/album??...

Need more suggestions? It would help to answer the question that was asked above...girl or guy?

10. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    get him 1 HOT 19 year old gf :)

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    There's much to be said for candles & all things related.

Does either have a favorite musician?
    I got my Pop a Billy Eckstine CD after I found out though Billy was his fave, he couldn't be arsed to pick one out.

12. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Dustin...it would be helpful if you'd outline the parameters of who this gift is for.....guy/gal, approx age, relationship to you, what they're into, etc. And not to get too personal, but a range of money you're willing to spend?

Details man....we need details. Not so much so we can help you, just to use for joke material :)

Maybe some airline tickets to Mississipi?

13. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Please tell me you didn't just plug your gf?

14. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    male, 50, not a car person, married with kids. i could do the gift certificate to the spa, resturant stuff, but that isnt super personal. rides road/mtn bikes, surfs, but already has all that stuff......has everything for his hobbies

15. MrGreenJeans

MrGreenJeans Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2005
    If he likes to surf, what about getting him an autographed and framed Bruce Brown's Endless Summer poster. That will always be the most significant film in surf history. Let me know if you want some help locating it. I got some friends in the memorabilia industry. I think that would be a great present for his office or family room.

16. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    J-
    he isnt that type.....it would be easy otherwise

17. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    A nice bottle of Scotch, a good sipping Tequila or a great bottle of wine?

BTW, it might help to know how much you want to spend.

18. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    doesnt drink

200.00-400.00

19. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Cirque is coming to Long Beach in March or you could get him really good seats to a favorite event, concert, opera, symphony.

20. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    that is a good idea....i haven t seen it, is a good one?

21. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I don't know, but I've liked all the shows. It sure is a fun family evening. It's a short engagement, so you might want to try ticketmaster soon to see what type of seats are left. There's also a v.i.p. package that gives you access to a special area before the show.

Here's a link: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/clubcirque/Pre_Sale.htm?nrcs_nexturl=%2FCirqueDuSoleil%2Fen%2Fshowstickets%2Fquidam%2FTicketsClub%2FLongBeach%2Ehtm%3Fsa%5Fcampaign%3Dinternal%5Fads%2Fdropdown%2Flongbeach&sa%5Fcampaign%3Dinternal%5Fads%2Fdropdown%2Flongbeach

22. car-ographer

car-ographer Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    homeless in LA :-(
    Full Name:
    Jessica G.
    personaly i like getting fun things....maybe hanggliding lessons, scuba lessons, kayaking the channel islands...he sounds like an active person..maybe something like that might interest him....or..maybe not as exciting...but find a really good photographer in his area and have family portrait done...then have it matted and framed really nice.....

23. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    if he has everything penecillin is a good start roflmao

boy I crack myself up sometimes.

Actually I go with the 'you only live once' theory try going to mexico and doing the cave kayaking thing, go sky diving, head to vegas and rent some machine guns and blow large holes in small objects.

24. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    How about a gift certificate to the Firing Line? Guns, ammo, what more could you want for the holidays?