F1 Trainer | FerrariChat

F1 Trainer

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ricambi America, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#1 Ricambi America, Feb 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Those of you registered on the owners site... did you catch this one in today's newsletter?

"The F1 Trainer, exclusive race preparation machine specially developed for Michael Schumacher, now available to client racers – Racing and free practice session enthusiasts can now buy the machine developed especially to help Michael Schumacher prepare for his time on the track. Designed as a physical workout machine for drivers, the F1 will be installed in your own home by the Technogym technicians and comes with a Momo Design racing bucket seat and special Ferrari helmet."

Seems to be missing a little horse, but I wonder what it costs...

-Daniel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F550M

F550M Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    8,900 Euros

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Buy an ergometer. It'll do much more than that.

--Dan

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    8900 Euros? But of course. It's got to have AT LEAST $500 worth of materials.

5. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Only fit for professionals, I think. Then the team buys it for them. It would be the most useless item in your own gym, I think.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Actually if you were a virtual racer nut (like Tifosi :D ;)) this would be fantastic as you would get the physical workout too ... how real would that be.

Plus while you are playing a 'game' for 3 hours sitting on ya bum, you would atleast get some exercise ... :D

Pete

7. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    True very true. :)

8. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    it will also cause more pain than that! :)

On the subject of ergs, i see so many people at my home gym grossly misuse them. Their technique is so bad that i am unable to even imitate it. The worst is that most people pull in with their arms while they push out with their legs. It is as if they are pulling themselved back with their arms so the chain barely moves. They are not effective when miused.

That training equipment shown above is useless. You can get the training you need just by using a neck iso machine and some upper body stuff.

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002

10. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    When i say bad form, im talking about people who are sweating and about to die after pulling a 2:30 split for like 3 minutes because they are just using it that bad. I had a guy at the gym who saw me do a 20 minute piece at like a 1:55 split, and he asked me how i could get under 2 minutes for that long. I then proceeded to teach him the correct way and now he can get the splits under 2 minutes. He was even more suprised when i pulled like a 1:39 for a minute and didnt even breathe hard.
    FWIW, the lowest ive seen is a 1:24 split, not pulled by me but by a teammate. This was done by a kid who's 6k time is a 21:06!

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Did I hear my name? Nah, I stick with my recumbent bike and my treadmill, that way I can watch Ferrari videos while sweating.
    :)

12. fiat850

fiat850 Karting

May 17, 2005
    Fountain Valley, Ca
    Full Name:
    Minh
    just saw this on the owners site today, looks "interesting", doubt that anyone will actually buy it and USE it.

13. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Reminds me of a few lines from the movie Spaceballs.

LONE STARR: Listen. We're not just doing this for money. We're doing it for a **** load of money!

YOGURT Ha, ha, ha, come. Walk this way. Take a look. We put the pictures name on everything. Merchandising. Merchandising. Where the real money from the movie is made. Spaceballs-the T-shirt, Spaceballs-the Coloring Book, Spaceballs-the Lunch box, Spaceballs-the Breakfast Cereal, Spaceballs-the Flame Thrower.

YOGURT Who knows. G-d willing we'll all meet again in Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money. Good-bye, Lone Starr.