Carlsbad Meet 12-31-05 | FerrariChat

Carlsbad Meet 12-31-05

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Sting, Dec 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino
    Just checking in to see who is going to make it this next weekend for the Carlsbad Show.

There should be a few guys on Ducatis and me, I hope that we are not the only ones to show-up.

2. Ryan in SD

Ryan in SD Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    There has been many cries for southern gatherings (south of OC) yet this gathering has become smaller and smaller. It takes people to tell their friends and their friends friends to get this thing going again. I would like to see it grow back to 80+ cars. I think the presence of ferraris really helped this thing start off but when the exotics lessened, so did everyone else....

3. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino
    ...Well Ryan, just toss in the towel.

Yeah, Ferraris go to this show, but they are not the core vehicle of the show (there are always more Lotus's, Vipers and Mustangs then Ferraris there), infact, I think there is no core Make to this show.

The only way that we are going to get back to 80+ cars is to show-up. Talking about how great it use to be is not going to solve the problem of low turn-out.

So, are you going or not?

4. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    i cant make it. i have friends in town, and one of their flights leaves at 6:30 that morning. sorry fellas

5. Ryan in SD

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    I havnt missed a single one ;)

6. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    i feel bad, ive missed the last one and will be missing this one. does anyone have pics from the last one, i never saw them. someone take and post pics this time so i can see what Erica caused me to miss.

ill be at CC this weekend if anyone wants a ride up. im driving my little bro, so i will definitely be driving

7. Ryan in SD

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    A few 6speeders are going too. Do you want to come along?

8. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    to CC? no thanks, ill go my own way i think, but if anyone needs a ride or something im available

9. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    well hell I havent missed a carlsbad meet in the past year and so I am not starting now, Ill be there, maybe the guy with the Ford GT will show up again, he lives in Rancho and seemed very interested in taking his car out, almost joined us on a cruise last month but his wife was with him and had a Dr appointment.

here are a few pics I took from last month, sorry its only the first 7 the rest are from the cruise mentioned above and we left early so I dont know if more cars showed up or not......
    http://surfnsocal.com/gallery/SCSMtCruise11-26-05
    also look at the end of the pics for some of a GT on the way home, it use to be Nick Cages.

if you check out the vids section
    http://surfnsocal.com/vid/
    I have some clips of exotics from this meet in the past and towards the bottom of this list of vids
    http://surfnsocal.com/vid/SCS%20MT%20Cruise%2011-26-05/
    there are some of the Ford GT I cruised back home with

10. Bmw M3 Guy

Bmw M3 Guy Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    hey guys. new here to this forum. if i may, have your approval to go. i do not have a ferrari but a bmw m3. dont know if its a ferrari only thing, but if not, i would love to come! let me know!

11. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Can't make it. I'll be in the dunes this weekend.

12. Ryan in SD

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    If you are a true car enthusiast then you can come on roller blades as far as Im concerned. This meet is about enthusiasts who share and or admire cars. Atleast thats the vibe I got when I first went.

13. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    yep its open to everyone and all cars, Ill be there, I hope it is a good one this thing definately needs to be revived, it has great potential. The Ferrari turnout has definately died out.

14. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    I will try to make it down.

15. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Justin, there will be no Laguna Seca Blue m3's allowed, RAC's are cracking down on those. j/k ;)

Also at the last meet, rrobello, were those your friends in the mustang's? A few of them were doing some things that would get us kicked out, if you bring a caravan like that again could you please ask them to keep from blasting music and speeding through the parking lot? The cars were great but in the parking lot everyone needs to behave themselves or someone is going to get hurt, or we will get kicked out. I know it sucks but if we do get the event to start up again it would be ashamed to get kicked out or people complain. I am a fan of loud music and driving fast but there are some places where we have to show respect or our privlege will be taken away. Just a thought, not a command, thanks man ;)

I will try to get some friends to showup with some cars.

16. Bmw M3 Guy

Bmw M3 Guy Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    hahaha ok nick, no old M3s allowed. haha j/k see you there nick.

17. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Not old...Aged, in new condition though of course ;)

18. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino

Crap, I guess my E36 M3 does not cut the cake!!! ;)

See you guys on Saturday morning *yes, all of us BMW guys MUST park together!!!*

19. Bmw M3 Guy

Bmw M3 Guy Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    sure thing. what time is everyone getting there? and its at the company stores correct?

20. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino
    Yes, it is the Carlsbad Company Stores Outlet Mall.

We park by Starbucks on the South-west side (parking lot close to the flower fields, take the fist entry into the Outlet Mall and you will see us). I'm going to get there around 7:00am (or just a little bit earlier).

See you there!

21. prodigy

prodigy Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    La Jolla, CA
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    I'll be there if it doesn't rain in our 996TT

22. Bmw M3 Guy

Bmw M3 Guy Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    so how many ferraris can i plan on baing there?!?!

23. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    yes that was our group we were on our way out to a cruise, they had just came down from LA, but I didnt notice anyone driving crazy in the parking lot, most of those guys are smart good guys and feel the same way you do, if I missed someone being an ass I appologize and I wouldve said something. The security and the head of the center came out to talk to us, but only because we were not parked but lined up waiting to leave in the middle of an empty isle.....lol.

24. Bmw M3 Guy

Bmw M3 Guy Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    good turn out nice meeting everyone! hope to see you all soon.