430 Delivery Dates- Dealer Allocations | FerrariChat

430 Delivery Dates- Dealer Allocations

Discussion in '360/430' started by littlewiz, Dec 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. littlewiz

littlewiz Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    What has been your experience with your 430 order anticipated production/delivery date and the actual date of production/delivery. Delays? How Long?

Also what has your dealer told you about their monthly allocation/actual Delivery from FNA for 430 Coupes and Spiders?

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    My spider was built in july and i just took delivery last week. It is a 6 sp. though .

3. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    Your question, I assume, is regarding the cars delivered to the states. So I am not going to be of help here.
    However, I just have one remark. It's quite hard to know the dealer's exact allocation. I assume they will always try to show they have ultra limited allocation in order to justify the insane premiums. I mean if they have 10 cars they will only tell they have 5. It's their job ;)

And just for the sake of curiosity :D, Ferrari’s in Switzerland are +/- 15 days of the actual delivery time specified by the dealer.

4. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003

john your order was probably put in July and the build month was october. it's just too long for july production to get to you now

5. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The dealer notified me at the end of May that my allocation had come up (stick shift coupe). We picked colors/options by 6/7. The car was completed and put on a boat about 7/11. Arrived at dealer 8/15. Brought it home 8/17. I was pleased that all phases were completed about as fast as they can be, therefore no bugs, bent fenders, etc. Came in with 49 delivery miles, also a good sign I was told. So far, after 2800 miles, no problems though there are a few small factory cosmetic flaws. For people getting cars with paddles, there should be more warning. The stick shift cars get allocated randomly. All they could tell me was that it should be among the 1st 10 coupes. Ended up being 6th.

DAve

6. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john

Not really . The VIP book included with my spider has a series of photos, and they are all dated in July.The entire country of Italy shuts down in august .But i just got the car. I placed the order in Feb. but was told the 6 speed cars take longer to get . Anyway i'm glad to have gotten it .It seems like it's taken forever . I have been on "the list" for several years.

7. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    yello360- how long were you on "the list"? I have been on for 3 1/2 years and no end in sight.

8. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    A lot of dealers that I've spoken to recently have seen their '06 allocations rebalanced to many more spiders and fewer coupes. The extra supply of spiders will help wittle down spider wait lists while the scarcity of '06+ coupes will help boost coupe resale premiums above what they are now.

9. littlewiz

littlewiz Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Do the dealers that you've spoken to recently say that the factory is , in fact, delivering their '06 allocations or are their deliveries short of allocation?

10. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Two I spoke with recently said they'd seen a "surprising" slow down on expected deliveries in the 4th Q. No real reason given...

I'd guess they're delivering to other markets after the initial rush of deliveries in the US early this year, but who knows?

11. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This is expected now that spider production is ramped up. Most, if not all, dealers have 3-4 times as many spider buyers as coupe buyers.

Dave

12. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com

The spider/coupe numbers appear to be going that way.

Someone else on this board also mentioned that the factory is busy building the first Challenge cars. It's probably the reason for the recent slowdown in coupes.

13. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel
    my dealer told me that they are only getting one coupe in the first four months of '06 and they expect coupes to maintain their mark-ups for the near future

14. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I have heard from multiple sources that the challenge cars are taking up most of the 06 coupe orders and the 06 coupes.

15. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Auto Gallery in LA has 2 coupes and 1 spyder sitting unsold on the showroom floor.

16. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    At window??????????

17. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Sticker still on the windshield

18. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    No, no, he means are they for sale at sticker price. I think we know the answer to that...

Gary

19. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Never ever deal THe Auto gallery in calabasas. They are nothing but crooks.

20. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    I was suppose to get a Jan '06 delivery of the coupe...but since Sep until now, the dealer has only being getting spider allocations. Approx 2 per month. No 6-sp, no f1 coupes what so ever.

The main reason is that 06 is the first year that the 430 Challenge car will be ran. And since the Challenge car is built on the same production line as the coupe, the coupe's allocation has been held back until the Challenge cars are built. I expect that my delivery will be March/April delivery (not built date).

21. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    I know what he was referring to.

There are some of the 430's there are used and are listed on the website as used. There are 3 430's that are not listed on the used car part of the site and those have the window stickers.