When was the first time your 'little lady' got in a wreck? | FerrariChat

When was the first time your 'little lady' got in a wreck?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Dec 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I got the call this morning...Melodie took out the side view mirror and wiped out the side of the Chrysler while backing out of our long driveway in the dark (on a portable hoop). Freek'in Yippee! I have not seen that damage yet, but I can't wait! When she called, I said "OK, I'm going back to sleep"!

Has this happened to you? Worse? Let's hear the stories so I will feel better!

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    My wife has managed to take out the passenger mirrors of her last three SUV's.

You're a'preachin to the choir my friend!

Shiyt happens...................;)

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

ONLY THING WAS WHEN ANDREA HIT A DEAR AT 50 MPH

MY FIRST QUESTION TO HER WAS " DID YOU KILL IT"

4. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    My mom drives tanks. She had no mirrors left on the Stratus or Intrepid she had before she bought the new Jag. The Jag has a backup object sensor that beeps when disaster is close. Maybe it will help. I had to parallel park the thing on Christmas day & it took a couple tries.

5. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    Driving to work she rear ended a huge 70's Chrysler Imperial with her 84 Corolla. The Corolla was totaled, the Imperial drove away without a scratch.

Of course this was her first day going back to work after she spent two weeks at home caring for me after I F'ed up in a dune buggy accident.

I think she had a few things on her mind.

Erich

6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Her insurance will not cover my car. I called my broker and he stated my rates will go up $400/Yr for three years plus the $500 deduct. If the damage is under $2K, it makes not sense for me to turn this in, as I have one accident on my record already and my rates will double if I have one more claim down the road.

7. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    My wife hit two seperate walls in one crash. She called and said she had an accident. I said "are you ok" She said "yes I am fine"" I said " is the other person Ok" She said "I didnt hit anybody" So I said "what happened" She said "i lost control and ran into the barrier wall and then across the two lanes into the other barrier wall. I said "All that matters is that you are OK"

Women drivers.

8. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    backing out of the DRIVEWAY?!?!?!? I can see while driving, but the DRIVEWAY??!?!?!

9. Mario Gonzalez

Mario Gonzalez Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Out of my mind
    my wife was T-boned while driving her little Nissan Sentra by a big Buick 7 years ago. she was 4 months pregnant with our first son. very scary and tense to say the least. doctors said she was VERY lucky. she only suffered a few bumps and bruises, baby was ok. the Nissan was a total loss.

10. neilmac

neilmac Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Oakville, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Neil
    True story.

Many years ago, my wife's mother was backing out of the garage with the kids in the car. Hears a crunch. Looks back, sees nothing, but can't seem to back up any more. Pulls forward a few feet, puts it into reverse...and floors it!

She hadn't opened the garage door fully........

<sigh>

Neil

11. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #11 CMY, Dec 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    80 year-old guy in an Expedition ran a red light and took her (us) out in Downtown L.A.

I've rear-ended her a few times prior to this, but I don't think that counts...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. 356racing

356racing Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Wait till she hits the wall of your own garage. My wife has backed into the wall and put a hole through it with a bike rack as well as taken the passenger mirror off her old SUV backing out of the garage. She doesn't get to park in the garage anymore :) Detailing is cheaper than body work and drywall repair.

13. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Karting

Mar 23, 2005
    Raleigh, NC - USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    For me, separate cars, separate insurance companies, separate bills, separate bank accounts, separate incomes.

I won't be forced to pay the price for other peoples' mistakes, even if I love them.

14. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    and lemme guess your wifes rule, separate beds......

15. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    roflmao

16. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Karting

Mar 23, 2005
    Raleigh, NC - USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Girlfriend, not wife, because marriage would give her legal right to property I've bought and paid for, regardless of her lack of contribution towards it... and separate beds might as well be in separate houses and separate relationships as far as that goes.

Any more assumptions?

17. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    dammit, you ruined a good joke...

18. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Karting

Mar 23, 2005
    Raleigh, NC - USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    LOL! Sorry 'bout that. :)

19. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    oh man where to start...
    my wife has been involved in many an accident,
    first memorable one was she was trying to swat a fly in the car and rear ended a stoped pickup, totaled the car.
    next at bat she was turning in a parking lot and nailed the concrete light standerd and wedged the bumper into the tire and bounced off the pillar. this was in her new rover. 10k in damages.
    the most recent though is the A8 this car has takin a punishing yr from her, now the first one wasn't her fault but nontheless she attracts danger. she was stopped on the freeway waiting to exit the off ramp when some idiot women late for court rearended her at full speed, amazingly the car survived (the A8) with no frame damage, the pontaic was totaled and the women driving went into the windsheild. leson learned AVIOD the back end of the A8's. not more than 3 mnth later she swerved to avoid hitting a women who pulled into the street with out stoping, in swerving she nailed the curb and destroyed both rims and tires on the drivers side in one fell swoop. would have been better to hit the idiot driver. she has put the car into the garage wall when parking, the car has parktronic for crying out loud! that comes on automaticly!!!
    and the latest, she turned into another women driving an SUV at the mall. she was turning left looking right and the SUV was coming strait at her left side, both at fault here two women NOT paying attention.

bottom line she drives alone, i drive the family and the kids. she has her own insurance also. no way am i paying for that! and what really gets me is she goes to driving schools, i just wonder if she's paying attention!

20. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Less than 1000 miles after she got her first car.

21. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    smg2- take the keys away from her!

22. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    you ever try taking things away from an Italian?

23. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My wife cracked up her new M3 about a year and a half ago in our driveway... it was in NY and she "slid on some ice" and fishtailed into a tree along our driveway. That adventure broke the headlight, marker light on the front and dented the fender. She also has tore the passenger side mirror of that M3 a few months later, then again on her replacement ML500 about 10 months ago, both times backing out of the garage. Now she isn't allowed to park in the garage.
    Then, today (honestly!) a "piece of rock or something" fell on her truck from an overpass as she was driving down the highway that smashed the windshield... the fun never ends!

24. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    i retract my previous statement

25. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    thats a shame...what car was it?