Shifter Kart vs. Corvette | FerrariChat

Shifter Kart vs. Corvette

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by CRG125, Dec 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
  2. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    oh, that's priceless.
    Those karts really are amazing....and cheap too! (just a little dangerous)

3. ASU SAE

ASU SAE Karting

Aug 8, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    T
    I took one of the Bondurant shirfter kart courses a couple of years back. Those things are so much fun. First time out on the shifter karts after some laps with the corperate briggs & straton powered karts was a WORLD of difference. I almost lost it first time round as the rear end got a little happy down the back straight at PKRA. That would have been a 120 mph disaster. But next time around I smoothed out my driving and it was a baby. It was, needless to say, a very exciting experience.

4. Red Baron

Red Baron Rookie

Feb 14, 2004
    N. Cal
    #4 Red Baron, Dec 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have an MBA 125 Shifter Kart that I use (primarily) at Sears Point. What a BLAST the kart is. With a 125 TM motor that packs roughly 40 HP, and that Italian chassis (and motor) working just right...WHOA!

The difference between these karts and ANY indoor (or outdoor for that matter) is considerable. I highly suggest you try it if you get the opportunity...

RB
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Darkhorse575

Darkhorse575 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I'm not suprised by that video. I'm a newly converted fan of Karts. I got a helmet for Xmas and am giving some serious thought to buying a chassis. Try it and you'll understand why top F1 drivers started thier careers and keep thier off season reflexes sharp in a Kart.

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Karts are truly awesome race vehicles, and they can beat the cr%# out of you like no race car can. I had a 125 shifter kart that I bought from a guy who could no longer drive it because of severly bruised ribs he got from the rough track we used.
    That thing was so quick and brutal I couldn't get used to it because of my bad back. My 700 hp LeMans car was a *****cat compared to the kart. (Well, maybe not in a high speed sweeper at full chat).
    I took my older son through three seasons of racing. From the Briggs to the Yamaha 100cc to the shifter karts. Great experience,
    I just took my younger son and his buddy out last week for his first time in a kart. It was cold and windy so there were only a couple of people there. On there first time out they found themsleves being passed by none other than Bill Elliot in his shifter kart, the only other guy on the track at the time. He thought that was pretty cool.