C6 Z06 vs. SRT-10 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

C6 Z06 vs. SRT-10

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by C6Z06, Nov 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You're welcome. :)

2. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You'd have to build one of those because the didn't exist until 01. Vette is just a Vette. On your way to the kitchen for a midnight snack you don't peek into the garage and turn on the lights to catch a quick glimpse of your Vette. Buy the Z06, realize your mistake and then get the SRT10. 04 Z06's are selling in the mid 30's and you'll be able to pick up a used C6Z in a few years at that price also.

3. StratoL

StratoL Rookie

Mar 8, 2005
    Everyone complains about corvettes being common and use that to put them down as a lower car. Yet I haven't seen anyone say that or anything of the sort about Porsche. Maybe it just depends where you live, because here (Nashville) and in LA I would see about 5 Porsches for every one corvette. I think it's just because Porsche is Porsche while Corvette is Chevy.

4. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Sir, you're making assumptions about thing you know nothing of.

My direct experience with drag racing culture illustrates that it has created all of this ritual surrounding drag racing to make it seem more complex. In reality, it really is stepping on the gas and driving in a straight line. A few seconds after the green light, it's all over with. Premature ejaculation.

My experience with road racing [not lapping, not driver education or any of that club track bullsh*t] indicates that it requires so much more strategy and creativity that it captures my imagination. Road racing requires more than a few skills, one of which is discipline with the throttle. Racing for an hour in an endurance race beats driving in a straight line any day.

5. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Will this car be your daily driver? If not, why do you care how much money you will lose?

If it will be the daily driver then it makes sense. The Viper is probably the best bet, but I think the Vette would be more comfortable.

In terms of the performance haggling - who cares? Both cars have an insane amount of power and if you wanted to compare the two on a public road - you're only asking for trouble.

Post your pics when you get it.

6. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    The C6 Z06 is a ~127 mph trap car, the Viper is a ~122mph trap, if that. That is a substantial difference that will be most evident from a roll. The C6 Z06 runs up to ~198 mph in stock trim.

7. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    I spent a day a few years back driving around a SRT (coupe) and it was July. In Chicago. I know it's not much lower temp in Mich. So, be sure you know that the Viper will get hot inside and you can't use the A/C in traffic (my personal experience and the latest Car and Driver both attest to that).

I like the sublt styling of the Z06, the technology (magnesium and titanium parts) and the idea of not having to say "look at me" like a Viper can sometimes portray.

8. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    Wow..... You drove the SRT Coupe around chicago a few years ago???

Give us a Break!!!!

9. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    He could be an exuc. I know a guy who is really high up in ford who has personaly put over 1000 miles on the new Shelby GT500.

10. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    I ordered a LeMans Blue C6 Z06 2 weeks ago, and getting ready for March delivery.

This whole time I was just lying to myself by telling myself I wanted the Viper. At the end of the day, I wanted the Z that much more. I can't wait..:)