348 challenge headlight questions | FerrariChat

348 challenge headlight questions

Discussion in '348/355' started by MDshore348, Aug 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    does anyone have any experience- details- pics- type of lights used in the conversion, it looks fairly simple, the original light unbolts completely leaving a nice square box area to mount fixed lights .

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Man, talk about silence!

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I would like to go to you for that hot chick in your profile picture. Who is that?! You should post it here.

4. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    #4 millemiglia, Jan 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Do you mean these types of headlights?
    To answer your question, no, but if someone know where to get hold on a pair, please let me know!

I really like that look...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    yes without cutting into the facsia panel .. didnt know if anyone did it or not before.. i guess ill tackle it this winter on my own...

6. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    MD, Not only did they cut into the facia panel but if you notice how far the light units sit back it looks like they would have cut into the structure behind where the factory light mechanism attaches. With the newer smaller height lights that are avaliable these days you could probably fit something shorter in heighth in there and avoid doing much if any cutting to the facia panel. That photo lookes like a Michelotto car. Maybe you could do a Google search on them and see what comes up may they have parts/kits for sale. Regards, Vern

7. dalbright

dalbright Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Naples, Italy
    If I remember correctly FoW use to race one (and actually set some record with it). It had that headlight conversion as well as some 355 body parts on it. Try giving them a call. This was several years ago.

- David