Info re: black 355 at FOA | FerrariChat

Info re: black 355 at FOA

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by 95acuransx, Dec 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95acuransx

95acuransx Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    Has anyone got any info about this 5,800 mile black 1997 355 at Ferrari of Atlanta?
    It had a major service 3 1/2 years ago and there asking $88,500. I think $80,000 with a fresh service would be a good deal. Thoughts and comments are most welcome.

2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I have seen the car and it looks pristine. Great buy if you can get it under $79K.

Stephane
    Scaledetails

3. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I saw the car too and I thought it looked pretty good. Price, I just don't know.

4. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Price seems alittle high to me....won't it need another major service in 1 1/2 years again?

5. RUF BTR

RUF BTR Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    I know the car. It's as close to perfect as a 355 could be. What kind of info are you looking for?

6. 95acuransx

95acuransx Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    I called FOA and spoke to Greg. He said that the car is on consignment.
    I guess this means I wouldn't get any type of warranty from FOA? I asked to see the records and he said the owner has them and would have to FedEX them when he gets back from a business trip. Why would this guy hold on to the records when the car is at FOA for the last couple of months? Anyone who is considering buying it would want to review them. Also there is a bid on the car that he has to notify the owner of. He said the car is in great shape but it will need a major soon so I would probably want to go and get that done if I bought the car. Why would I do it now if it isn't needed for another year and a half? It was done 3 1/2 years ago. So I told him I would call next week to see if the owner took the bid that is already out there. So I am disappointed by this news. I was thinking $80k with a fresh service or at the very least a one year warranty but since FOA isn't selling it directly I probably wouldn't get that in the deal. Thoughts and comments are appreciated.

7. RUF BTR

RUF BTR Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    I sent a PM

8. Mike in ATL

Mike in ATL Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    FOA Website shows car is sold

9. UGAFerrariFan

UGAFerrariFan Rookie

Jun 6, 2005
    GA
    Got a ride in that car once... beautiful and in great shape, but just sold last week.

10. 95acuransx

95acuransx Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    I bought it three days before Christmas! Thanks for all the input!

11. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Did you get the deal you wanted?