Max speed can a F430 reach on highway or etc... | FerrariChat

Max speed can a F430 reach on highway or etc...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Caghan, Jan 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caghan

Caghan Karting

Jan 2, 2006
    Istanbul
    Hi my first post on this forum. I am gonna buy an used F430 in 1-2 months.
    I just wonder what speed can a F430 reach? In some tests it is tested as 317km/h. Official Ferrari brochures says 316+ km/h.
    So here is the confusion for me. My ex-car was a 996 Carrera 4S tiptronic.
    Its official max speed is 280km/h but on highway at Turkey i go for 301 km/h while little down hill but long distance and with little easy curl and a passenger with me.
    So i passed 21km/h the factory specification with the crap porsche tiptronic 5 speed transmissions.
    So is it same with the Ferrari or is it same as original.
    I saw a 996tt go for 328km/h even it original is 305km/h

So What is max speed for a F430 even down hill or long straight road etc.
    Anyone help or ideas??

2. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    #2 scud, Jan 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Vang

Vang Formula Junior

May 5, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dan
    The speedo was probably optimistic. That is, were you to measure your speed with GPS, it would have been lower.

4. Caghan

Caghan Karting

Jan 2, 2006
    Istanbul
    Hahahahaaha remembered my old porsche days :)) What a nostalgia :)

But i still need the top speed a F430 reach

5. FloridaChris

FloridaChris Karting

Nov 22, 2004
    Gulf Stream, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris Wheeler
    Nice post...

How about "Wow, I've never seen 330 kph indicated before".

Roger, where you on a track or way out west?

6. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    DEAR FRIEND
    DO NOT TRUST MUCH PORSCHE INFORMATION, ALL THE DETAILS ARE WRONG: ACCELERACTION, MAX SPEED, ETC.. I READ ALL MAGAZINES AND I CAN ONLY TRUST THE FRENCH ONE SPORTAUTO, AND EVERY YEAR THE INFORMATION THEY GET FROM THEIR TESTS, MAKE ME SEE THAT PORSCHE INFORMATION IS ALLWAYS EXAGERATED.

7. Vang

Vang Formula Junior

May 5, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I wasn't responding to Scud, my apologies if I made it seem that way.

I was trying to say that it is somewhat likely that Caghan did not exceed the advertised speed of his Carrera 4s by very much.

8. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    DEAR FRIENDS
    The Porsche could even go faster than the F430 going down the Himalaya Mountains....je..je..je..

9. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
  10. Caghan

Caghan Karting

Jan 2, 2006
    Istanbul

Ahh i see. I just compare the speed that i reach to the speed that the porsche web site said.

I dunno if its real but in digital tacho it was 301 and porsche data is 280 in data sheet.

I just think about if it is like this maybe F430 can see over 330 or 335 however its original is 316km on data sheet. That's why i wonder. Also i saw a video on forums an X50 package 996 TT going 341 (dunno maybe down hill it was night only tacho zoom record) however its original is about 309km/h
    Really wanna know if F430 is much better than any 996 TT and Gallaro and BMW M6.

Only thing is acceleration and performance for me. Thats why i am asking so much things about F430 and will buy an used one in 1-2 months

11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    SCUD! You are the ****en king! :)

12. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    That's right, 99.9% of speedos can show upto 10%(maybe more) off the true speed at high speeds. Its rare they are 100% accurate at high speed. The only way to confirm is with GPS or other speed measuring devices.

So while your Porsche could of been indicating 300km'h 10% difference is 20-30km'h.

Scud u were only really doing 300 :p hahaha.

13. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Hi don't forget, Tachs tend to make mistakes (always showing a higher speed than the actual, for obvious legal reasons), because of different tires circumference etc etc. Audis for example are famous for a very optimistic tacho.
    This error is in general in the 5-8 %. On a speed like 280, that is up to 303 kmh tach' readout

14. napoleon

napoleon Karting

Dec 23, 2005
    I think that´s going really fast. In my 430 in the highway when I was 290km/h you had to be really concentrate because the steering wheel was very sensible to the wind.
    I´m sure because of the "revs" that a 430 can reach over 320km/h on the tachometer but don´t get to obsessed with speed if it´s not on the track, too dangerous going so fast.
    cu and take care.

15. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    I was under the impression (cant remember where I saw it tho) that the F430 hit 186 @ redline in 6th, anybody wanna do the math out?

16. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    That's the 360 you're talking about, not the F430.

17. Caghan

Caghan Karting

Jan 2, 2006
    Istanbul

Oh i see so is it same to the Ferrari speedo.
    I mean porsche says 280km , i saw 301 and in real its like about 280 something, so same to the ferrari f430 if you go at 315 which is ferrari official claim, so the speedo seems 335 or etc maybe huhhh .
    I saw a m3 csl video going 290km on analog and 266km seen at digital speedo same time.Same at m5 official limiter is 250km but in some videos it limits at 270 on analog huhhh. So if go 315 at ferrari maybe it seen 335 So thats the same story

18. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Yes, indeed.

19. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    :D

20. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    one of the guys that came with us , les , had a prettty quick NSX and he offered his GPS gear to try in my car to get the true speed . i said no thanks cause i knew it would read less than the car speedo . i'll stick with an imaginary 330 thanks :D

21. scuderia15

scuderia15 Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    Evo did an issue in which they took the Carrera GT on the Autobahn. The car said 216, but the speedo they brought into the car said 205. Im guessing that most porsches, including my dads 911 which reads 3 mph too high, this problem exists. I dont know about ferraris though.

22. 1badboy

1badboy Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Rayl
    You are buying the wrong car for the wrong reasons- I'm a die-hard f-car fanatic but it's very easy and relatively inexpensive to build a Porsche TT to beat the crap out of any 430. Sorry...

23. Caghan

Caghan Karting

Jan 2, 2006
    Istanbul
    Ahh i see what you mean. But my ex-was a Carrera 4S 996
    I was happy with that car no problem for handling, i am not too much happy for performance but average happy i can say. I realized the tiptronic S transmissions sucks and saw the real diffrence between 6manuel and 5tiptronic. Porsche was good at road and high speed but i need a good tiptronic or f1 based transmission. So porsche's tiptronic is not so good really especially at 0-60 ,60-120 and top speed also the sound was good but not enough. Understand i need a better performanced and better sound car. In addition the official porsche dealer and the service is the worst porsche service in the world i guess ı waited for 20 days to get a place for service. I pay 175.000 Euro for a 4S and wait 20 days to get a service. Thats a ****!!!(no much porsches here btw) and the Official Ferrari Dealer and changed. It is bought by one of the most important and proffesional turkish company. so better service..
    Porsche was good at handling and performance(but not enought at tiptronic)
    So you will ask why dont you take a manuel one. Here is Istanbul inside the city i mean for a sunny weekend you go out there is a lot traffic jam.(Very bad higher than your imagine...) so with manuel its hard to change twice or third time in a second. I go 10mile distance about 2 hours sometime. Thats why i need auto transmisions. !!!And i need a good sound while i was driving with my porsche my mind was at the 360 modenas tubi sound!!! And on summer i go from work to summer house on highwy about 40 miles distance and no rules go for what you can hehehe
    By the way you say 996 TT. The tiprtonic version of 996 TT is 0-60 4.9 top speed 186 mph. Compare to 997 Carrera S manuel 0-60 4.8 top speed 184.
    Understand the complain? So the best ferrari for street ride and for highways is F430 and the sound is incredible, the road holding is good the shape is perfect. So its the most similar (i mean for daily use on summer) to a porsche

Jeremy Clarkson said on Top Gear program its briliant on the road, daily use and performance he said brilliant.
    So the most suitable car for me is F430 and the performance is better than any 996 TT and TTS (for stock i mean) and will be better than the 450 HP'd 997 new TT

24. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    caghan if that is what matters to you; get a 997TT or even a used Tip x50 996TT, you will have better performance from even the 996 maybe, but with minor mods u will smoke any F430. Again thats only if all that matters is performance.

25. 1badboy

1badboy Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Rayl
    Caghan- if you have to wait 20 days to get a Porsche serviced, I have no idea who you think is going to fix your new 430 faster... Again, I love f-cars and have been lucky with the dealer here, but my Porsche dealer was WAY faster and better at getting parts, etc.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't know what country you are in; maybe f-car dealers are better there but I doubt it.

Not trying to be argumentive, but it just sounds like you are focused on absolute performance more than the more subtle ferrari attributes.

Please let us know what you end up with and your impressions...