Just How Many Boxer owners | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Just How Many Boxer owners

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Dec 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    The orange car belonged to King Hussein of Jordan and was very cool - a little bright for me but definetely period. I prefer the light green (verde medio) to the dark green (verde pino) or very dark green (verde scuro) but I did see the car you are talking about and it did look very good in verde pino.

Any thoughts on the pastel sky blue (azzuro dino / gulf blue)?

Alex

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Mine's definately the Dino Blu color......the Factory confirmed the code number in My Garage listings.....as a 1977 I guess they had paint left!

Yep, bright blue carpet! Roger that!!!! LOL! :cool:

It has Boxer Trim as well!

Have you checked with Reoriginals, here in Houston? Matt Jones is amazing the stuff he turns up, on trips to Italy. He's also good on the weatherstrips, etc.

3. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    It is my understanding that all 365 Boxers came from the factory with Boxer trim paint.

4. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Tex:

Could you email me some pics of your GTB, especially the paint, carpet, heel pad, and underside of the carpet? You can send them to alexander_t_leventhal at yahoo.com. I would really appreciate it.

I have checked with all the usual suspects, can not turn up the bright blue carpet anywhere :(

Thanks,

Alex

5. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Steve:

Boxer trim was standard on ALL BBs, but the option of deleting it was available, at extra cost, from the beginning. See the Osprey BB book for a discussion on the subject. It was a rare option on 365BBs, but more common on later cars. My car, #18265, is confirmed as not having had the boxer trim.

Thanks,

Alex

6. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Is it OK for me to hate all of you..... :(

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yikes! Sure! I don't have any photos like that though......I'll drive over to where the cars are stored this weekend though, and get you some! They need a drive and some fresh fuel......

Mine is a two owner original car, so I know it's the factory stuff...

The other place...this will take a little time but I could do it......is an old shop downtown Houston, Veteran's Trim and Supply, on Lubbock.

The reason I bring it up is they do all the vintage Jag, Rolls and Bentleys, work like that.

They have Sample Books back to the early 50s and the inventory to match. These two brothers are sitting on THREE WAREHOUSES of trim materials.
    They look at the front, look at the back, and then produce miracles!

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Post 49's color is similar, but mine is a little lighter than that, I believe.....

Sean F. we should have carried $70K by JR's ........we had our chance! LOL!

10. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #85 Murph, Jan 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Tex:

Will you be my new best friend? :) Any help would be appreciated. If these guys in Lubbock have even a similar material not only would I buy it from them, but I would also be happy to have them produce the carpet kit (cut and bind) as well. I can provide the old (nylon replacement) carpets for a pattern if they do not have one. I'll take a look at the picture of your carpets, but it sounds like all they need to do is duplicate material! This is GREAT news - I am hopeful!

How can I compemsate you? Do you drink wine? We have a pretty deep cellar with vintages going back to the late 60s - would be happy to send you something. Or let me host you in NY if you ever get here - you would be welcome to drive the Dino, 400, and (if done) the BB. Feel free to PM me but THANK YOU so much for your time - sounds like you may save my a$$ here, and I will def make it up to you!

Alex

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's on Lubbock STREET here in Houston, it'll take some time to browse thru the three warehouses, that's all! I'll just drop down there with a sample of my carpet, if it looks like a match......I'll get some pics this weekend of the interior.

Pics should be in your email....take a look at the exterior color to see what I mean.

No worries, glad to help...us "Boxer Guys" have to hang together! ;)

ROTFLMAO!

*sticking tongue out at Sean F.*

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Those pictures from the FFQC 2004 were on a cloudy day, so you can see the color "working"....it's even more impressive at night, under streetlights...

YEARS before Bangle came up with this 'Flame Edging' stuff......;)

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We'll all get together and go to Jim G's house! ;)

After the "Buy In" on these cars, I've always been aware of the maintenance....these are some awesome engines, LOTS of expensive parts!

I've watched them tear 'em down..........

15. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Tex:

Can't wait to see the pics, and REALLY appreciate the help. Let me know how I can make it up to you. Drooling waiting for them to show up - they are not in my email yet :( Let me know if they bounce back, or PM me with your address and I will send you an email you can reply to?. Thanks for the help - owe you one!

Alex

16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hmmmm. they show to have gone...let me change screens....

No bounce back.....not in your email at that address you gave???

*scratching head*

Must have been East Coast traffic!!

17. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #92 msdesignltd, Jan 4, 2006
  18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have read the Dinos/308s did not use the same 'Wilton wool' carpet as the 12 cylinder cars, though....the guys down at Veteran's Trim will know.......

I may need a scrap of your blue material....was any of it big enough to use as a 'sample'?

That's a nice pic, Micheal.....don't believe I've seen that one before...

19. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    I believe in this era it was the same carpet, as Ferrari did not have the resources to stock two types, and would probably reach for whatever was closest on the shelf anyway. :) LOL. Anyway, if we can match the color in an even semi-appropriate wool carpet, I will settle, as it will be a lot better than the nothing I have right now! Unfortunately none of the scraps were big enough to use as a sample, literally just fibers I pulled from the firewall foam with tweezers.

Still no sign of your email - try instead aleventhal @ dfking.com (just remove the spaces around the at symbol to make it valid).

Thanks MUCH!

Alex

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Strange.......OK. Rerun!!!!

21. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    #96 simonc, Jan 4, 2006
    4rextc likes this.
  22. aleventhal

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    This non-mettalic blue is about three shades darker than the blue I was thinking of (this may be blue monte carlo or blu ribolt, not sure) but still very helpful, thanks. What do you think? Anyone like it? Anyone able to photochop it into more of a "gulf" blue (pale, pastel blue)? Any opinions on the other colors mentioned?

Right now, though, I am hopeful that I will be able to keep it original since Big Tex may have a source for the matching carpet for the original paint....fingers crossed and big thanks,

Alex

23. callchuck

callchuck Karting

Aug 29, 2005
    26. callchuck 17257 georgia

24. DJK

DJK Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    DJK Ser.No.40661 Located in Pennsylvania