348 Windshield Molding question? | FerrariChat

348 Windshield Molding question?

Discussion in '348/355' started by GQ IMAGE, Jan 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GQ IMAGE

GQ IMAGE Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    GQ IMAGE
    Got a question? How hard is it to take the rubber molding off the windshield on a 348 and to replace it? The actual rubber trim that touches the car and the glass metal trim piece.

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Nearly all the 348 windshields I've sold have also ended up requiring the metal frame. Although I have not removed one myself, they are supposedly very easy to bend/damage in the process.

3. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    The 355 and 348 have the same rubber gasket. They are glued in with the windshield and the trim piece, at least mine was. Daniel is correct you can't get the trim out without damaging it(flexing it out of shape). To make matters worse the real problem is you can't get the rubber gasket without the trim and it is expensive 700.00!!
    At least that is what the dealer charged the glass shop that did my 355. Regards, Vern

4. hzimmer

hzimmer Rookie

Jan 12, 2005
    Ran into same problem, but in my case the rubber was cut removing glass. I had to buy rubber seal and metal trim together. It was pricey. I think Randy at Continetal is still is holding the metal trim for me as it was oversized and needed to be shipped by ground.