328 GTS | FerrariChat

328 GTS

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by AGSPerformance, Jan 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AGSPerformance

AGSPerformance Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Seattle, WA.
    Full Name:
    Tyson J. Spring
  2. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    stay away from them

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Well, looks like a done deal... Looking forward, there are much better options than NWI for servicing a Ferrari in Portland (if they even have a service dept).

4. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Whom ever bought it should check the engine for gear oil to keep it from leaking and to check for rust. Just my opinion.

5. jfteng1

jfteng1 Rookie

Feb 3, 2005
    2 items of note... The seats have been refinished and the speakers in the door are aftermarket. While these are not necessarily bad things, it can make the car harder to resell. Additionally, this is a somewhat high milage car. I would find out about the last servicing and all records. Do yourself a favor and do your due diligence. You will be glad you did.

6. AGSPerformance

AGSPerformance Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Seattle, WA.
    Full Name:
    Tyson J. Spring
  7. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Ok, if you are a collector, this might be high mileage, if you are a driver, this is wonderful news. At least the car wasn't a garage queen. That is as bad if not worse than too high a mileage. I don't know about you, however, my 91TR is for not just looks. I like to drive mine. :)

8. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Yep, I totally agree.

One of guys (Randy F.) in the NW club has a 1987 328 GTS with about 115,000 miles on it and it runs/drives great.

It's been properly maintained over the years and the heads have never even been off of the engine.

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    What does NWI have to do with this car? Did I miss something?

Actually, I'd love to know if anyone on this board has ever had any work done there? (Sorry for the thread hijack!)

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Don,

My mistake. NWI had a silver 308, I believe, and I confused it with this one. I don't know anything about Chequered Flag.

Nothing wrong with it, just hard to resell compared to lower mileage cars. This year there was a 48K-mile '87 328GTS in red/tan that was on the market forever in LA - car was a perfect show car, repainted, perfect new interior, etc. Asking price dropped from $60K to mid $50K to mid $40K -- I had three calls offering me this car over several months, different brokers. Problem was there are many nice 328's in the sweet spot (20K-30K miles) for $45K-$50K.

The aftermarket speakers and such will turn away buyers who want originality. I passed on two cars this year because the dash/doors had been drilled up for aftermarket speakers and the interior restoration wasn't worth it for those cars. Most people probably don't care, but some buyers do. No big deal. Enjoy the car in good health. They're all amazing.