Moton installed on F355 | FerrariChat

Moton installed on F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by F355Bob, Jan 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

#1 F355Bob, Jan 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just installed Moton triple adjustable shocks on my 95 F355. I am using the stock springs and will adjust the suspension using the shocks and gas pressures. The cylinder in front are mounted behind the front wheel panal with a access hole pluged by a rubber plug for easy adjustment. The rear cylinders are mounted behind the rear fender panal. Will send more pics when my carbon fiber console and instrument panal from Valence are installed. They are being installed today.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. HKE46Boy

HKE46Boy Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    RENN Spec
    3 way or 4 way? Are you tracking it anytime soon?

3. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Triple adjustable. I'm in Wisconsin so the car won't get out on the road until April or May.

4. CRAIGF355

CRAIGF355 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    CRAIG ANDERSON
    that looks like a SWEET set up is it hard to set the adjustments on the shocks

5. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    That is awesome. Just wondering why you stuck with the stock springs and didn't go with the H&R sport springs?

6. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Nice, I've got these ready to install FYI....

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135443413&postcount=676

I've had trouble with MOTONS losing gas pressure from the cannister, be sure to get yours checked at least once a month, I've had used sets that needed doing every day if racing with them..... they can lose about 3-5 Bar per day, which makes a big change, and the inconsistency becomes both misleading and frustrating.

I found new ones to be a little better, but still needing regular check and top up.

The ohlins cannister pressure has been tested by me personally to last at least two years.

7. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I have not heard that Motons loose pressure. I have a friend who has them on his new Viper comp coupe and has not had pressure drops. I know that you need to keep the canister from heat and that is why I installed them where I did. I didn't install the H&R springs because I did not want to make the ride too harsh. I can somewhat simulate different springs by adjusting the gas pressure in the canisters. The shocks are easily adjustable without jacking up the car. There is one adjustment at the top of the shock and the other two adjustments are at the cannister. Ohlins are great shocks but really pricey.

8. CRAIGF355

CRAIGF355 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    CRAIG ANDERSON
    WOW!!! is this setup like the enzo's setup

9. Doug H

Doug H Karting

Apr 17, 2005
    Motons are bad arse.