Ipod Nano without itunes | FerrariChat

Ipod Nano without itunes

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ike, Jan 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Anyone know if there is any way to get around using itunes with the nano?

I've been told that I can import the mp3 files into itunes and then transfer them to the nano but I would like to get around it all together. Am trying to just drag and drop.

I don't have it here to figure it out, I will be setting it up for a friend who bought one.

Thanks.

2. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I wondered this as well. I just got the new video ipod and when I loaded all my songs from my computer into the itunes, it has flagged a bunch of songs saying it will not play or load them in the ipod because they are not the originals. Any way around this? I thought you didn't need to buy all your music on itunes. I don't see any way to load songs from another site. When you connect the ipod to the usb it can only be accessed on the itunes site as far as I know.

3. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    As far as I know, you need iTunes to import onto the iPods.

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
  5. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Thanks

6. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    haha my mate who is blessedly sans computer got an ipod thing for xmas and now is wondering wot the fork to do with it because he doesn't have a pooter!

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  8. HIGHROLLERM85

HIGHROLLERM85 Karting

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I thaught that you could upload songs on to an ipod from CDs? If so can you do it twice? I plan on geting a video ipod and would like to upload a lot of my friends CDs on to it. I know my cousin was able to somehow.