Car insurance in Sweden??? | FerrariChat

Car insurance in Sweden???

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Creature of the Wheel, Jan 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Creature of the Wheel

Sep 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    KN
    Does anybody know about car insurance in Sweden??
    Got a quote from a insurance company in Denmark for a winter beater:
    They want 38.000 DKR, nearly 5000 euros for a toyota corolla from 87 :(

I'm moving to America for a year and I dont think I'll be moving back to Denmark afterwards....

2. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Kasper.

38.000 DKR?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? for insuranse?!?! damn...you gotta be kidding :(:(:(
    Well, the reason for the "insane" high tax is probably something to do with your young age, but still 38K DKR was a bit over the top :mad:
    Dont you have other family members who can have the car in their name??
    You saves alot of money that way.

I pay about 30.000 NOK a year for my insuranse - and I have a house, a private car and a Ferrari!
    The world isnt fair dude :(:(

3. Creature of the Wheel

Sep 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    KN
    It's a really unfair system :(
    Heard from a danish ferrari owner that the insurance on a 360 is over 100.000 DKR!!! That's about 12-13.000 euro a year!!!
    But are car taxes and insurance not cheaper in Sweden??? ( I know Norway is almost just as bad as Denmark)
    Also if I drive the car with the insurance in another name, I still have to pay a large premium when I want to insure it myself.
    Tried the same form, if I started at 25 with no previous insurance it would be around 25-30.000 DKR :(

On the plus side, since my Mustang is considered a Vintage/Veteran car, insurance for that is only 850 DKR a year!! Which means that a RWD car with a big thumping V8 is much cheaper than a 4 banger FWD economy car :)

A really strange country this is........

4. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Like I said, it depends on what AGE you are...I'm 36
    How old was this 360 owner?

5. Creature of the Wheel

Sep 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name: