A sad day, but also a good one | FerrariChat

A sad day, but also a good one

Discussion in '360/430' started by f355b, Jan 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    I am sorry to say i have to go back to the UK and i have to sell my F355B.
    I want to thank everone on this site for there help over the last two years and i will miss asking stupid question and being told to do a bloody search!!.
    I dont think i'll be getting another F and i will miss it, its been such a great car and a real treat to own.
    I will list a couple of details here and place an ad in the right section.

Once again many many thanks and iam sure i'll check out the site from time to time in the future.

Perry Cooper F355B

1995 F355B
    13,000 MILES

RED TAN

FULL MAJOR SERVICE
    TUBI
    CHALLENGER GRILL
    HYPE-FLOW CATS
    AND A FEW OTHER LITTLE BITS.

Looking for offers around mid to high $60's

2. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
  3. Sohail

Sohail Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Sohail
    Perry you have a beautiful car. Its sad you have to let it go. I am so tempted to jump into the ferrari world again with your car. But i know who ever buys your car will be happy since its a well kept 355. Good luck with your sale.

Sohail

4. BigSky355

BigSky355 Karting

Nov 8, 2004
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Perry,
    When I was looking for a 95 355B I spent many hours oogling over your car in the showroom forum. Found exactly the car I was looking for (very similar to yours) but if I was still in the market I would not hesitate to move on your car. If it has not sold yet, it won't last long. Hope you come back to a Ferrari some day.

5. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    thanks iam hoping it goes to a good home and fingers croosed if all goes well i can one day get another.

6. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    So, are you selling your miniatures as well? ;)

That was you, wasnt it?

7. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    no i'll box those up dont think i could part with the car and the models its bad enough. not sure why my add has gone any ideas???? do i have to repost it?

8. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
  9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Stunning car. And a very realistic price. There is no question this car should not get sold soon.

When was the 30K done and by whom, if you don't mind me asking.

10. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    no i dont mine it was done May 2004 at mario's i put on the tubi hype flow cats and challenger grill at the same time, i priced it to sell iam leaving sometime in feb and i really dont want to stick it on ebay i have had fun on here and i know the people who use this site will know the car and know its priced to sell. its a shame but life goes on and who knows if things go well i maybe back as f355b/2

11. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    nice car......

12. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Wow...it's gorgeous. Any valve guide issues; was a leakdown test ever done or were they checked out in the 30K? My 97 had it and were done at that time (3/05).

Chris

13. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    the test was done sept 2003 at miller motors in greenwich ct before i bought the car that was at 10,100 miles i had a major service in may 2004 and the car now has 13,000 miles

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    The 355 Berlinetta still makes my heart beat a little faster each time I see it.

I miss mine dreadfully.

15. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    vik your killing me.....i havent even sold it yet and i cant look at the photos.

16. bimmian

bimmian Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Hi there,.
    Would you consider selling just the Tubi?
    Thanks

17. TheOnlyLawIsToNtGetCaught

Jul 28, 2005
    Wait a sec! why do you have to sell it? If you've owned the car in USA for 5 years I believe you can import it to the UK without having to worry about additional taxes. I could be WAY off here, but I think I heard something like this not too long ago. At any rate, good luck with the sale.

18. ddnguyen

ddnguyen Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Duane
    conversion would have to be done to drive it in the UK... also i think ferrari prices are a bit better in UK right now (not sure about that).

19. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm trying to sell my Maserati and will be in the market for a 6spd 2.7 F355. Yours is very realistically priced, if my Maserati sells soon, I'll give you a ring. Best of luck selling it, sorry to see you go.

20. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    No, you can (and many do) drive lhd in UK...especially sports cars. You should be able to get a personal import bond to drive it in the UK, but IIRC you have to renew that every 6 months, and each time it gets to be a bit more of a pita. However, that said, you won't have any vat or duty due at that time because of the 'temporary' status but you might have to temporarily send it to France and re-import it or something.

21. Sohail

Sohail Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Sohail
    Perry keep us posted what happens with your sale.

Good luck

Sohail