My 5 Year Ferrari Anniversary today!!!! | FerrariChat

My 5 Year Ferrari Anniversary today!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Jan 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, 5 years ago today. I drove out of Lake Forest Sportscars old location in my 1981 Red/Tan Ferrari 308 GTSi. Grinning ear to ear that whole, spectacular ride home. The dream had FINALLY come true!

After 3 previous attempts at Ferrari ownership, not consumated due to bad Cars, a messy divorce, and waiting too long to make the move, and lost the car. This was it! It was finally "Right", the Planets were all aligned, and it HAPPENED!!!

She had 14,250 original, documented miles at that time. Was freshly serviced, And,now has 10K more. Gee....thats only an average of 2K a year....gotta do something about that this year...:)

And, I am looking forward to having a great driving Season with all of my Fellow Ferrari owners and enthusiats in 2006!

2. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    So if the weather stays the way it is bring it to the slot races!

3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Happy anniversary Frank!!

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Congrats! It's nice to see someone stick with a car -- too many threads here about people flipping cars every 6 months.

5. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    could you post a few pics of your beauty....

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good point. I always wonder what's with that? Just doesn't sound right to me.

Congrats Frank and we (FOC) will do something about your 2k average: This year we'll hand out the "Mille Miglia Award" to the one driver who racks up the most miles on his Ferrari(s). So: Take your brandnew digital camera to the garage and snap a picture of your odometer. Then send me that shot. In a year from now we'll do that again and then compare notes. The official announcement of this will come in the next Pilota btw. You heard it here first. :)

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks,Jon. Yeah,really. Why flip the cars all of the time. I just love mine for what it is,the way it is. I'd like to keep my "First Ferrari" forever. Why not? It wasn't a major expense,and costs practically nothing to Insure and Keep. I'll Probably pass it along to my Son someday.

BTW....how are you coming along with your search?

Rush109....I'll post some new pix as soon as I can take her out of the garage and use my new digital camera.

I am assuming that your FChat moniker and Canadian residency mean that you are a RUSH Fan. Me too. Actually, the first time that I saw RUSH was back in 1974. (I was 14) They were the "Warm Up band" for Canned Heat and Steppenwolf. They played the whole first album. We had never heard of RUSH yet,but said "these guys are gonna be big!". Sho 'nuff....look what happened in the rest of the 70's,80's,and up to today. I also saw them during the 2112 tour,and twice since. Saw the "other" Canadian Power Trio, Triumph,a few times too,over the years.

Andreas....WE DRIVE!!!! This year,as much as possible!!!!...:)

8. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congrats Frank, you definately have a Beaut!

I'm ready for SPRING!!! :)

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks,Mike! You do too! Looking forward to this years driving Season. We've had some great Weather,but,as long as I have her all covered up,with the Battery tender hooked up. May as well keep her there....unless we get an incredible day,and I just can't hold back anymore!....:)

10. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    You're a good man. Very funny, very kind, and very energetic to driving your beautiful car. Congrats on your milestone but I hope you can start a new one with the purchase of a TR in the new few years. Maybe once your son turns 16 and shows signs of a free ride in college, letting him borrow the 308 wouldn't be out of the question. You can still show him who's boss with your 12 and years of route experience with your fun bike and trucker tales. If enthusiasm warrants reward, you, Rick, Bill, Andreas, would all be driving TRs and GTOs. Anyway, once again congrats on a fun anniversary.

RocketBoy

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks,David!

12. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Good job Frank. Keep the faith.

13. Aj2488

Aj2488 Rookie

Oct 21, 2004
    Wheaton IL.
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Congratulations Frank! It's an amzing car! I hope to drive with you guys again this year!

14. jdl308

jdl308 Rookie

Aug 22, 2005
    Wheaton, IL
    Full Name:
    J. David
    Congrats Frank!

Our 67 Vette will be 4 in April...The 308 has a long way to go.

As for Driving...We took the 308 a long drive this past Saturday. I can't imagine any more smiles to the mile!

15. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Congrats Frank,
    Enjoy it!!!

Con
    Hey Rocket,
    I it was me included in the above statement... I like my car, and don't really fit in TR's and GTO's, 250's anyway.

Now that you guys have me thinking on it.... June, will make 6 years with Ruby the 365. :D

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Aka Ruby the 3D puzzle.

17. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

The trans is back together, and will be back in the car soon. It took a long time to find the needed parts, but she will be ready to make some trips in the driving season. :D

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yea!!!!!! .... :)