just like y'all to know... | FerrariChat

just like y'all to know...

Discussion in '360/430' started by pbferrari, Jan 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pbferrari

pbferrari Karting

Dec 22, 2005
    denton texas
    Full Name:
    drew
    I would just like to voice my opinion on some peoples comments about the new ferrari. Alot of people are sayng well that thing is fugly and i would never touch one but alot of people said that about the 612 but its turned out to be a success. If you think about Ferrari Spa is (in relation to ford, dodge..etc) a small buisness and sometimes you got to put something out alot of times that is going to cause alot of rucus to survive. Feel free to comment

2. jimwalking

jimwalking Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2006
    The only opinion that counts is the one that creates sales. People have complained about every Ferrari ever built, whether that be the the 308, 348, 355, 456, F40, F50 or Enzo. In the face of all of the aforemention criticism, Ferrari is producing record numbers of vehicles, selling them beyond MSRP and people are on year long waiting lists. It is the same complaints people made about the evolution of Harley Davidson. You simply cannot please everyone, as long as you please enough people to keep your business growing, you are on the right path.

3. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Personally, I like the new design.

Anything that tries to forge new ground will be controversial. The best example: the Testarossa. Many think it is the best looking car ever made, many think it "defines" Ferrari style. I have never liked it, but that's my opinion. I do like many, many of the cars they have made. I really like the 430, I think the Enzo looks like a plate of poo. It's all personal taste.

But I find it ironic that a man who felt that the engine really should be in front of the driver is now honored by having his name on a mid-engined car adorned with lines that could be considered controversial...

4. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

As far back as I remember, the photos of new Ferraris have NEVER done justice to the actual car. I'll withhold judgement until I actually see one.

5. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    yet another topic about the 599 and her looks?????

6. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    i like it-- it needs more taillights though-- two doesn't cut it. I do like the wheels though.

Honestly, I'm disappointed that they didn't do the glass hood with the TR heritage in it, but I'm also half-way happy about that. Who knows how bad that could have gone!??!?!?!

Overall, 620 horsepower, decent styling.... It should be nicer in person, but look at it as a base for modification if you don't like it.

don't ever let someone else make something and tell you that you like it. modify away.

7. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    How much did people complain about the 360? Just curious.

8. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    A lot. Forza magazine went so far as to speculate that buyers would tend toward darker colors to hide the obnoxious front air intakes. As we all know, it turned out to be a huge sales success.

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    a lot. and i still don't like it. and i owned one!

doody.

10. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Since no one is saying the the 612 is a sales success except for the OP (the only 612's that I have seen were sitting around at dealers for sale well below MSRP, although a few F-chatters have posted pictures of their custom orders and I loved them...particulary the car belonging to Jas Lally)....now as sales is the only thing that counts.....time will tell with the 599....for now IMHO....5.99 would be a more appropriate monikor and "Revell" should be on the box top......heh.

11. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Funny thing is, not too crazy about the 360 Modena, but totally in love with the CS, and the style differences aren't that big.

12. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's about time we talked about it...

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Actually, I remember reading that they were pulling it in for an early redesign/facelift because it was selling poorly. It has won some recognitions from some journalists - but it seems to be a case of it being praised in *spite of* its looks rather than because of them. Not unlike the Subaru WRX and STi (which, even as an owner, I agree fits Jay Leno's description of "ugly beautiful").

I'm sure this 599 will drive spectacularly, but to me - as of right now - its like the ugly girl with the wonderful personality.

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

15. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I still think the 355 looks more like a "real" Ferrari than the 360. I only bought the 360 for the performance and reliability.