Another Dino on ebay | FerrariChat

Another Dino on ebay

Discussion in '206/246' started by tx246, Jan 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Man, that is a sweet one...do you know this dealer?

Here in Houston.........

2. vintageracer27

vintageracer27 Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Middletown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The photographs certainly don't flatter the color of the dash, perhaps ready for a re-cover. Blue carpets look odd. Otherwise, it looks like a VERY nice example and should bring good money. Already added it to my "watch list."

3. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Very very nice, it is on the Dino Register although it does not state if it was originally Red or not, but as you say, odd colour choice of carpets and a pity about the screws through the door panels, other than that i would be proud of it. Shall we place bets on what it reaches?

4. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    I think you guys are smoking crack on the carpets. Those look black to me. I've seen carpets photographed under bright, bright lights before and I think this is exactly what's occurring here and washing them, and the dash, out a bit.

I can't comment on the doors though.

If I had the cash I'd be thinking hard about it. My only gripe is the low mileage. But, that's just me.

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The ad says "POWER MIRRORS",
    must be wrong ... but will probably still go North of six figures

I also noticed that the rear batchboard has the very rare (and correct looking) connector to illuminate the rear licens plate light - A VERY nice indication of originality.

I'd also inquire about the power windows manual crank that seems to be missing

6. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    The carpets fade to a deep blue color. The ones in my GTS have done the same to some extent. I have a NOS set of carpets that are black.

7. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I looked at the pic again and those do look to be blue carpets and I haven't smoked any crack since last night. The black ones to tend to fade to that color in spots but those are too uniformly blue. I also have a NOS set of blue carpets and they are that color only brighter because they haven't been used. They look good in a silver coupe and liven up the interior a bit.

8. jusdriveit

jusdriveit Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    I called the Dealer and they are asking 125,000 which seem like a good price. I wouldn't be supprised if a dealer bought and marked it up 10,000.

My bet says it doesnt' last 48hrs on ebay.
    Mark

9. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    if they get the $125k that they are asking, i will fall out of my chair. remember, there was a true chairs and flairs car that sold on ebay a couple of months back for $125k. it was about as good as dino's get. it had tools and it's books as well as all sorts of documentation. contrary to the ebay listing, this car doesn't have it's books. this is a nice car, but it doesn't have what it takes to cross into the $125k territory.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Shawn, do you know this car? I know the dealer, kind of, as he seems pretty straight up. Is the owner of the car the PCA guy who also had a GT4?

Thx, Dale

11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i don't know the owner, but know who he is. he is heavily involved in porsches, which is why victory is the seller (he does alot of business with them, according to the guy who answered the phone). i have received two calls today from people i don't even know asking me about the car. i think there is alot of interest in the car, but both of those people questioned me about the "asking" price. there isn't a buy-it-now, however, i think the $125k would be the price. that is crazy money for a dino, even though it is nice. i think the value of this car is in the $90k range. we will see what every one else thinks.

12. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    That car over here would (if being sold by Nick Cartwright who seems to be considered the English Guru of these cars) be on sale at around £70/75000
    Therefore with the exchange rate currently around $1.76 equate to $123/132000. seems about right and i bet it gets all its money.

Currently Mr Cartwright has a GT over here for sale marked up at £75000,
    its nice but is it that nice?

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#14 dm_n_stuff, Jan 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think sometimes pictures can be misleading.

Does this interior look ok in the picture? A little worn maybe, but pretty nice, right?

In person, it's beat. Seats need to be worked on, carpet is shot, door panels are hacked up and the dash has no hair, steering wheel is wrong and it had the wrong clock in the dash.

I think when we go off on these cars on items like carpet color, or general condition, trying to judge it from a 90+- DPI photo on ebay, we're not helping the seller, or potential buyers.

So, better question would be, "Has onyone here seen this car? How does it compare to the photos?"

Based on the photos, and where these have been going, it will certainly end up north of $100K, but $125, yikes! If it does, I'm going to have to re-adjust my market research.

DM
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

And springtime is a very active time for exotic car sales,
    lets see if this gets more exciting!

15. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Oooops - they just ended the auction.

16. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    So right you were...

Ended: Jan-12-06 12:32:38 PST
    Start time: Jan-11-06 09:00:49 PST

17. lesliewales

lesliewales Karting

Jan 8, 2006
    What has happened to this car? I was tracking it online and its been removed early.... what's going on??

Regards,
    Les

18. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i called the dealer and someone other than the sales person answered. i was told the car was still available and the price was $135k. i was then told that they are working with a sale of the car and if i am serious, i need to call his boss tomorrow at 9 a.m. either someone doesn't know what is going on or the seller removed the listing fearing it would hit his reserve. it will be interesting to see what happens.

19. jusdriveit

jusdriveit Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    For those wo are not familiar with how ebay works. Many sellers use this venue as an advertizing tool with no intention of letting the auction run its course and then have to pay ebay's sales fees.

This auction's terms stated: "We reserve the right to cancel all bids and end an auction early at any time, should the vehicle no longer be available for sale."

When I called the dealer they had a price that they would sell the car for (125,000) and would stop the auction if they got it.

That is apparently what happened, Someone steped up and made a commitment to buy at their price. Auction over.

When theres money on the table things happen fast.
    I won't be supprised if this car shows up on Ferraris.com next week asking 135,000.
    Cheers!
    Mark

20. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Having agonized over selling my '74 GTS for $115k (I didn't, thanks to all you guys!!!), this is making my day!!! Dave is right, if they got $125k for this car, I'm felling pretty damn good about keeping my car!! Damn, it's almost worth as much as my '01 550! Who'da thunk it????????????????

21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

According to the seller they got the $125K they wanted, so they pulled it.

22. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Oh yes, these are on the upgrade. I can't wait to see where the momentum carries the pricing this Spring.

23. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Maybe potential buyers just happen to come accross this site and on doing so realise from the general conversation that now is the time to buy!