odd LA auto show | FerrariChat

odd LA auto show

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by seinfeld, Jan 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    At the LA auto show where the Ferrari's are at (concorse area) there is a silver Ferrari f430 spider, 612 Scaglietti, F430 Challenge, Maserati Birdcage! and an F1 engine on display behind a enclosed area.

But, when u enter the Kentia Hall down stairs at the automotive accessories area, there is a silver 360 spider and a Red F430 just sitting there...you can actually come up close to it and see the engine bay (it was open for photos).

So hurry up and go to the LA auto show to see the F430 and 360 up close...but not close enough to sit in one :-(

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7040/yy2mx.jpg
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2631/chris9so.jpg
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6316/dd9wc.jpg
    http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/4014/r2sp.jpg

2. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

What was the Lambo? a murci?

(i'm interested in pic of the new spider, that why i ask)

3. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    It's a Murcielago, can't tell if it's the coupe or roadster though...

4. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    what im basically saying is that on the top floor, they "protect and guard" the ferrari's...and down below...where the tuning stuff belong, the f430 and 360 spider is left there...not protected like up stairs.

5. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Seinfeld,

Yes, so true that Ferraris are guarded by staff and security personnel upstair while downstair you can touch them.

Noel,

Here are pics I took of the show with the white Lambo spider
    http://www.pcars.us/viewalbum.php?a=339&start=60

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Upstairs = Car Manufacturers

Downstairs = Car Accessories

7. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    As Wax said,

The Ferrari's upstairs is official Ferrari's
    The Ferrari's downstairs are privately owned or owned by accessory companies.

8. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Blacknight:

Thanks for the pics.

9. Stolit

Stolit Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    La Habra Heights, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    The strange thing is that in the last couple of years, the cars in the Ferrari/Maserati exhibit have been unlocked and the guarded area open, at least during the preview night, so people could get in the cars, open the hoods, etc. This year, access to the Maserati/Ferrari exhibit was "invitation only," or so I was informed by the person behind the rope. Another person approached my father and I a moment later to tell my us that we could get in if we filled out a form and left a business card if applicable.

Did something happen to cause this change, or did they just decide to restrict access?

10. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Last year the area was by invite only too.

Downstairs in Kentia Hall there is also an F50 in Al & Ed's Auto Sound area.

11. kyleseyz

kyleseyz Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    more pix of the Challenge?

12. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes - it was the same last year. I asked if I could enter their booth to get better photos of the 612 and was allowed to do so - no forms required.

This year, although closed off, there was a lot more activity in the display and nothing I was overly interested in so I didn't ask to get beyond the ropes.

>8^)
    ER

13. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    I was just at the Indy auto show, and there was NO Ferrari exhibit, or Lambo, or Lotus, etc.. Go figure. Motor Sports Capital of the world and not an exotic in sight. Anyway, I digress. At least you have them to look at! I also noticed that most of the cars that were of interest and open to 'touch', say a Subaru TSI, had stuff stolen off of them like shift knobs. This greatly denegrated the appearance of the cars. I don't blame Ferrari for wanting to keep their display cars clean. Why let everyone put their hands all over them since they are just 'gawkers' for the most part anyway? You can go to a dealer and sit in one, I'm sure of that! Go try it, and pick one up while you are there. Hey, maybe that's the idea??

14. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    While in-transit in Heathrow awhile back, a 360 was on display and you could buy chances to win it - the guy told me to sit in it and enjoy - I promptly took him up on his offer and didn't even buy a chance to win it.

That's a pretty sad state of affairs when items are stolen off the vehicles on display. Sure makes one think if stuff is stolen off vehicles how safe are you?!?

As far as I know there won't be any "modern" F cars at the show we are going to this weekend - hopefully several "golden oldies" from the past 100 years of GP racing. Partial list of those there include the '34 Maserati 8CM that Nuvolari drove; 1961 Lotus Climax; 1955 Maserati 250F that Fangio drove for 2 of his championships, 1948 Maserati 4CLT driven by Ascari, Farina & Villorese during the Italian resurgance; Lotus 25, 1962 BRMP56.

Carol

15. laxn23

laxn23 Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    they arent stolen off the vehicles they are taken off before being put on display for that very reason. Volume knobs, shift knobs, anything that can easily pop off. So dont worry they got em.