F-Chat Boxer Concourse 2006 | FerrariChat

F-Chat Boxer Concourse 2006

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Dopplemax, Jan 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

What do you think? Would it be possible for all (37?) of us to get together for a Boxer Casual Concourse? Selfishly, I was thinking that either the weekend before or say Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday of the FCA 2006 meet here in the DC area, we could get as many F-Chat and beyond Boxer owners to a special event. AFterwards, you'd all be in town for the FCA event and track events.

I would be more than happy to finance the show field, arrange secure parking and hotel rooms and pony up some cash for four concourse participant voted awards: 365, 512 BB, 512 BBi and overall.

We'd be looking at the last week of May, 2006.

Who would be interested enough to commit to coming?

Matthew Cooper

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Thank you for your generous offer. This will require some serious schedule changes and planning, but I will try.

3. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

I'm looking for a solid number of participants. If I can get 15 or more to seriousely commit, I'll make it happen.

DMAX

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Im interested but want to get a better idea of the distance as im east of michigan so its a bit of a drive or should I say tow. Give me a day or two and Ill be chomping at the bit to go so you could probably just go ahead and count me in.

5. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Welllll, when I bought 27001 from Lee in Minn. I made the tow in 13hours with one 45 minute nap. :)

6. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Count

Yes - 2

Maybe - 1

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Yes yes, I flat towed a 70 cuda back from MO to toronto with 3 nuts on each wheel so this trek wont be too bad. Give me a better idea of location like a town/city seeing as us canadians dont know much amerika.

P.

8. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

I would plan for Northern Virginia, on a map that would be somewhere along the Dulles Toll Road from say Tyson's Corner to Sterling, Virginia. My initial thought is a place called Wolf Trap where I am a donor and have some access priviledges. This also would put it within easy access to Ferrari of Washington which is actually in Sterling, Virginia.

Where in Canada are you? I'll be at the Ice Hotel and then the Fontenac in Quebec next week!

9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Im in toronto, about 7 hrs west of QC. Im interested so I hope you can make it happen.

P.

10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If this was on the west coast, I'd be all over it.

11. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David

Me too. Definitely much interest here on the left coast.I would be interested in helping organizing if you want to change locations - how about half way from DC to California :)

12. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Here! Here!

how about Plano, TX...seems like a nice spot kinda in the middle?

13. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Im open to a few locations myself as I would be trailering the car anyway.

14. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Hey Newman,

You have an enclosed trailer.....or an open boat trailer type?

15. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think it would be fun to attend, but probably not in my Boxer.
    A bit of a drive... though I did do the east to west coast and back three times a year in a Pantera for a number of years.

16. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I would be using an enclosed trailer but have to borrow it from a friend.

17. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Well I am certainly open to helping organize an event somewhere other than the east coast. Obviousely I wouldn't have the connections to facilitate venue and accomodations as I do here, nor would we be able to capitalize on the annual FCA event, but they weren't part of the attraction, lets plan accordingly for another location. It seems that the largest Boxer populations are CA, TX and the NY to VA corridor. Is that correct?

Throw some ideas up on the board here, lets see what sticks. If we can arrive at a mutually inaccessible area ;) we then need to find a Boxer owner that has the good fortune of living near there and that has connections!

Should be easy.......!

DMAX

18. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Im surprised more people havent jumped on board.

19. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    I plan on driving my Boxer from Chicago to DC for FCA Nationals in the spring. Corporate America will be deciding how much extra time I will allowed to be away from the office. I'm waiting to see what 2006 vacation scheduling looks like in order to plan a few extra days off. Virginia is my native state, and it will be great to return home for a few days. In the mean time I will be joining
    www.Iwantmyvacationback.com

It would be great to team up with a few other midwest Boxers for the drive.
    I hope the "tow" posts in this thread don't turn into bad omen's.
    Dave

20. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

I'll count Dave as a Yes since he'll be here for FCA with his BB.

Yes - 3

Maybe - 1

CA/TX - 3 :)

I will put together two templates, one specific event one for the proposed dates and location and one generic that we can use for the future ANNUAL Boxer Bash. How's that?

DMAX

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Suggestion for 2007: Let's plan this gathering the weekend of Cavallino in Palm Beach.

Then there is the Daytona 24 Hours in early February. Or if you want to wait until later in the year, at the Amelia Island Concours, usually in March.

22. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Hard for me to get away for more than a couple days at a time....but I'm in if at all possible..I'll have new tires, fixed radio, a Zaino concourse detail top to bottom by Zainomobiledetail.com, and a new clutch...it'll be ready to go.

23. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    There is the Italian Carfest in Grapevine TX at the winery in Sept..Might be a nice get-together...

24. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    FCA Central States Region will have it's annual "Automobili Italiane" at the Eaglewood Resort in Itasca, IL on July 23rd. The field will be held on the golf course. I believe we had about 90-100 cars there last year. A really nice event with great accommodations.
    Dave

25. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Some great suggestions guys. I'd love to see us plan spring and fall annual rotating events. I also think we could benefit from a Boxer specific enewsletter. Keep the suggestions and yes or no's coming on the FCA timed get together. I will continue to work on the logistics for it as a go until March 01. If, by that date, I dont have 15 solid confirmations or we have a concensus on an alternate site/time, I'll shelve it.

YES - 4
    Maybe - 2

Regards,

DMAX