Trailer parking for 2 days needed ASAP! | FerrariChat

Trailer parking for 2 days needed ASAP!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jonathanp, Jan 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Long story short, I need to fly one of my drivers home tonight for a meeting he needs to be at tomorrow morning. He is unloading his last car around 8PM California time and I can fly him out of any airport around LA. Does anyone know where I can park a 48 foot trailer SAFELY for a few days? He can take the truck to the airport and park it there. The trailer is empty fortunately, but I still need it to be secure.

I know this is short notice, but I am in a bind and need some help....

My cell is 214.289.8915 or email jonathan at djstransport dot com

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give...

2. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You might want to narrow down the area if you can.. "LA" is 460~ square miles and has 5 commercial airports.

3. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    this is majorly short notice. I am trying to get his flight booked now so I am not yet sure what airport he is flying out of..

4. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    He is dropping off near Hollywood near the intersection of the 405 and the 101. Does that help?

Thank you again for your help...

5. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Then I'm guessing he is flying out of Burbank, which is the closest airport. These guys seem to be nearby, they might have a better idea..

6. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Thank you for that info. I will check it out.

7. JoTeC

JoTeC Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Hullett
    We have left our race rig several times at any WalMart parking lot. Truckers use it all the time as WalMart always allows it. Just put it off to the side, you'll see other trucks. We've never had a problem, all the other truckers keep watch for each other. Good luck!

8. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    He is flying out of LAX at 1am. I have tried several places to park the trailer without success as of yet.

Anyone have a storage lot at their business or something we can park it at for a few days (Friday he will be back)?

9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'd do what Joe recommended. I don't have experience with a huge trailer, but I've left vehicles in all sorts of places. As long as it looks like it belongs there, or there's enough commotion that no one will notice or care, you're fine. What're they going to do about it anyway - tow it??

10. the_jay

the_jay Formula 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Murrieta, California
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I think he's thinking about the possibility of it getting stolen.