new pic of rubens | FerrariChat

new pic of rubens

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Remy Zero, Jan 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    #1 Remy Zero, Jan 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    all geared up for the 2006 season. all the best to him

3. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    #3 Remy Zero, Jan 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The picture of a guy who thought only MS stood in his way to stardom. Little does he know...

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Good for him! I hope he has a team that actually wants him to be successful. Forza Rubens!

6. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    He is a really great driver, he came from behind many times to a sucessful result. He always gave 110% and helped make MS who he is today.

7. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Hmmm... it doesn't look like he has the same exuberance he had while at Ferrari.... kind of a sad look actually.... Like he won the consolation prize.

8. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Man! Its tough getting my mind around to the fact he is no longer outfitted in red.

Hope he wins a couple and puts one over the much hyped one at Honda. But I think it will be tough.

Hope we get a few more wet races for him to show his true speed.

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think Button will crush him.

10. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I am getting the same vibe too. Considering how much BAR was trying to do to retain Jense makes me really think he has something in him. For the reputed 60 million that he got, I think BAR could have picked a Trulli or Webber or someone else. But they didn't - the team knows something we don't. Besides I am glad they got rid of Sato. Silly man!

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Button was a revelation in his first rookie year at Williams. He was a sensation on wheels. Then there was no development the following years. Probably it all got to his head. The last two years looked like he had come back from that and tried really hard to be a fast driver, unfortunately last year's BAR was a dog. I don't think of him as the next big boy wonder anymore, but he is fast and talented and eventually will get his first victory.

Rubens at this point to me looks like he is on his way down and a burnt out man. He was very promising as a young driver, but his own crash at Imola and the death of his best friend cost him years to recover and regroup. Ferrari gave him confidence and his first victories, but they also dismantled him (Austrian GP). Now I think he is simply too old for the game.

12. nunojcmaia

nunojcmaia Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    porto - portugal
    Full Name:
    nuno maia
    This must be RB last season in F1. He'll better go to endurance racing...he 'll have 24 hours to overtake someone!

13. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    haha..nicely said, yeah, he looks kinda sad and it'll be difficult for all of us to see him using different overall colours after 5 years in red. i just hope at least he manages to prove something and whack the crap outta jenson...

14. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I don't know if MS and RB got any kind of royalties for the use of their names on Mattel's model car products, etc., but if RB thinks that money is still gonna be rolling in with Honda, he is SORELY mistaken. Never underestimate the spending power of a worldwide bunch of loonies who'll snap up anything that's Rosso Corsa or Rosso Scuderia and bears the name "Ferrari."

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Don't call me a loonie.
    :)

16. vintageracer27

vintageracer27 Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Middletown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Rubens will be 34 this year, so I don't see that as a limiting factor to his performance. Adjusting to a new car and team will be a disadvantage at the outset to be sure. However, JB has never outpaced a quality teammate. I see more pressure on JB to assert some dominance and I look for Rubens to close the gap before mid-season.

17. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    In Canada the dollar coins are called Loonies... After the Loon... the bird not the Prime Minister

18. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Au contraire. I think Rubens will be rejuvinated. When he realizes he has a competitive car under him (if the car indeed proves to be competitive), and no restrictions against his team mate, he will drive with fresh motivation. This will be his time to shine.

Regarding Button; call me when he gets his first win. He is over rated. I think Rubens will finish ahead of him more times than not.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's the interesting part of this debate. I feel otherwise, but I'm not very convinced. It could go either way. Just like the JV vs Heidfeld duell.

Lets fast forward to Bahrain. Please!

20. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I like Rubens, and I think he's an excellent racer. He certainly has it in him to show Button what's what, provided he can get back into the program after taking last year off.

21. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  22. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    quite a change

23. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Rubinho is a good man - I wish him all the best - and look for him to be competitive. They will miss him at Ferrari for a lot of reasons.
    I do hope he shows Jenson the way 'round as well.

24. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    rubens is there to push button. they're trying to see whether or not button came make the grade. i think we saw the movie. sly styallone, i think it was called "driven". does life imitate art or vice a versa. well, art describing that flick is a stretch. ah, the inscrutability of the oriential mind. time will tell. i do wish rubens good luck. he's been my favorite during his tenure.

25. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    agreed. i dunno what the heck ppl see in JB. all i would say is, he did heck of a job in imola '04, putting the car on pole. then, if u looked properly, he gets kinda 'scared' or panic when under pressure. imola '05 and canada '05. MS practically walked by him. :D