* Winterfest ~ 2006 * | FerrariChat

* Winterfest ~ 2006 *

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Imola2001, Jan 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know about an event known as "Winterfest".

What is it:
    A weekend of fun doing "Winter stuff" with other "car people" where you get to leave your car at home, and just have fun :)

When is it:
    March 17th - 19th

Who came up with this idea:
    Myself, and a few others "came up with" the idea of having a regular (annual) event where we would all get together in the "car show off season" and have some winter fun. We did a trial run in 2003 up at Whistler/Blackcomb, and have since moved the fun to CO in 2004, 2005 and now in 2006.

You may have noticed that I drove a Saleen to PPIR "Last Lap", as I am involved with the Saleen Club of America, the hosts of this event. This year is the Third annual Saleen Club of America Winterfest hosted by the Rocky Mountain Region of the SCOA.

Who can come:
    Anybody is welcome. Just let us know in advance if you are interested. You do not have to own a Ferrari, a Saleen or anything. Nor do you have to bring it out in the snow. The idea is "car people" can have fun even without their cars.

What is the schedule of events for this year:
    Friday March 17th!
    Things will kick-off 7:30pm, with Dinner
    Dinner will be held at, Amici’s, 5330 N. Sheridan, Arvada, CO 80002. (This is owned and operated by a fellow Saleenowner, Tony Fanelli, #02-0685) He offers a full menu & BAR. (And special club pricing)
    A head count is needed here so we can all sit together. Please RSVP.

Saturday & Sunday March 18th & 19th!
    Saturday March 18th. We will be snowmobiling at Grand Adventures. You need to have a major credit card (No American Express). We need to arrive 45 minutes prior to departure time, (9:30)! 2-hour tours are available, we will do the 9:30 guided on trail 1 up to Corona Bowl & Continental Divide (elevation +12,000 feet), then when we get back go to lunch at one of the local pubs then, do another two hour rental on trail 2 to Devil's Thumb Park and Hour Glass Meadows by ourselves. (This is when the fun begins) Helmets and boots are complimentary; they have snowsuits available for rent. You will need to bring your own sunglasses, goggles, gloves and scarf’s. You can call the toll free number for more info. 800.726.9247.

Cost to snowmobile:
    Snowmobile rentals run $80.00 for the driver and $30.00 for the passenger. Children under 8 are free.

We will all meet at the I-70 & Ward Rd., RTD Park-N-Ride at 6:30am for a 7:00am departure for Winter Park. Keep in mind ski traffic can be tuff and expect delays.
    We will make efforts to car pool before departure.

At the end of the day Saturday we will then drive into Georgetown for dinner at the Black Raven for dinner.

Sunday March 19th!
    Farewell events, will be determined by members present.
    Please let me know of your interests.

What does it cost me:
    Friday dinner:
    How much can you eat? Pay for your own dinner.

Saturday:
    Cost to snowmobile:
    Snowmobile rentals run $80.00 for the driver and $30.00 for the passenger. Children under 8 are free.
    * I believe this to be the cost per session, and suit rentals are extra.
    Saturday meal costs are based on how much can you eat? Pay for your own lunch and dinner.

Sunday:
    Plans to be determined.

PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] if you are interested, or would like to find out more :)

(or post here)

Thanks, and I hope a few of you come out for some winter fun :)

-Mike C.

2. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    A quick bump to the top seeing how it is this weekend :)

Please let me know via PM if you are interested in coming to any of the fun :D