Public School Success! | FerrariChat

Public School Success!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Tspringer, Jan 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
  2. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Lord. I like the look the host gives the camera.

3. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    I saw one where the question was name a "President that you would have voted for if you were alive then?" The team had a chance to steal and they said "Franklin." The host asked what was Franklin's full name and they said, "Ben Franklin." Of course the answer that could have won them the game was FDR!!

4. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    New Hampshire public TV used to run a "College Bowl" knock-off for local high schools, called "Granite State Challenge".

What bothered me was that most of the teams could quote plays by Chekov, poetry by Shelley, or sonnets by Shakespeare, but virtually none of them could tell a gram from a dyne.

And I can't remember them ever asking a question on the US Constitution. (Of course, they wouldn't -- northern NH is a libertarian stronghold, while southern NH is a Massachusetts bedroom suburb; there'd be a huge differential between different schools on that topic.)

5. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    If I was on the other team I would have broke out laughing. Why delay the celebration after you KNOW that their answer is so wrong?

But hey, just because you go to a private school that doesn't mean you are learning anything. I can think of a few kids that went to the "prestigious" ILH (private) schools on the island (Punahou, Iolani, etc) and you'd never know by the way they speak or conduct themselves.

Btw, what do you think they answer was? Spain maybe?

6. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony

Maybe Asia?

7. zwodubber

zwodubber Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Allentown
    Full Name:
    Craig Loch. Jr
    This is always on in the lunchroom at 12. I happened to be watching it and couldn't believe they actually said that.

oh, and the correct answer was Ireland.

8. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    i'm surprised it didn't come in right.