Best places to see nice cars in HK? | FerrariChat

Best places to see nice cars in HK?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by v15ben, Dec 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Or is that a daft question?? :D
    I hear there are a lot of exotics in HK but was wondering where the best places would be to see some nice cars either in dealers or out on the street. I am in HK in mid-January (13th-15th hopefully) and was wondering what events are planned around that date, any driveouts or meets going on?
    Thanks
    Ben

2. Enzo_kai

Enzo_kai Karting

Mar 13, 2005
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Kai
    the peak? i saw a carrera GT when i was there in june. ;)

3. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Early morning drives on Sundays are your best bets. One of the most popular locations is Lok Geng, which is an isolated area in the northeast corner of the new territories. When the weather is good, you get dozens of exotics out there.

I won't be in HK during those days, but I am sure other F-chatters would be doing drives during that weekend. So, guys, let's give Ben a warm welcome!

4. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Hey Bubba
    Thanks for that reply! I am hoping to get along to a Sunday drive out, I am meeting with mdreager and Jon and hopefully some other HK based Fchatters to chat cars and hopefully go for a drive. Should be able to see some nice cars I hope, dates now confirmed as 13-16 January.
    I need to find somewhere to stay though but not very expensive, maybe in Kowloon. I am looking around 20 GBP per night at most, can anyone suggest anywhere that is a good place?
    Thanks
    Ben

5. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Just curious: on Sunday February 26th I will be in Hong Kong, just for a couple of hours between two flights. I arrive at 7:50AM and leave and 7:20PM (to Melbourne, Australia). Are there perhaps any Ferrari meetings or so on that day? Again, just curious ....

6. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    You have to be early to see the toy show at Luk Keng. We arrived at 8am and within an hour most of the big guns that were there (F50, F430, GT3RS) were back down the road to HK. If you can get picked up at the airport and head straight for Luk Keng you may be in with a shout!

7. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Thanks for the info, but I guess Luk Keng at 8 am won't be possible, even if customs is nice to me ;) Maybe I have to catch the cars when they are going back to downtown? Any ideas if they are travelling in group and what their destinations are (maybe nice restaurants or so?)? Just curious ...