Stolen in NJ - Porsche 944 turbo - highly modified and unique | FerrariChat

Stolen in NJ - Porsche 944 turbo - highly modified and unique

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by shmark, Jan 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Posting this for a friend from another forum. If anyone sees or hears anything about this car, please contact the owner directly. He is offering a $5,000 reward for information on recovery. This was a highly modified 944 turbo that we have all been following while it was being built. Basically a cost-no-object approach to create one of the best ever, and should be easy to identify. The engine bay had a LOT of polished components and the wheels are very distinct. It also has a custom exhaust that is loud with a 5" exit, definitely unique.

Link to the car's site and description:
    http://www.robertricciardi.com/

Link to the original thread:
    http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=247509

Mark

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's not cool; not cool at all... I hope they find the scum bag who stole this dude's car... More important, I hope they find the car in tact...

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

what a nice 944t...i bet that car is a real ripper!

i hope it is found in some decent condition. i hope it has a stated value rider covering it...i hope.

4. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Hope its found also! ANd in good shape. I hate when **** like this happens!

5. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks guys, I know he appreciates it. Still haven't heard anything and every day that goes by makes it less likely it will be recovered. :(

Although I just heard a story on the news about a guy in NY who just got his Corvette back in perfect condition...after 35 YEARS! Wow.

6. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I forgot to mention, the car was stored in a garage with two Ferraris and somehow they knew to grab the "less valuable" Porsche. Very strange.

7. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That sucks, I hope it turns up.

8. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

The Ferraris probably wouldn't start!!

Sorry to hear of this, and hope the 944t turns up!!!! They are one hell of a great track car!!!

You could check with these guys... They do a lot of Porsches and are in Norwalk, CT.
    WWW.SPEEDSPORTTUNING.NET