Real World Availability of 430 Coupe | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Real World Availability of 430 Coupe

Discussion in '360/430' started by W. MITTY, Jan 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    No engine-out for 360 belts, so that alone is the wrong reason.

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    One of my real estate investor partners bought his in mid December from a Texas dealer for $32K over.
    Fully loaded car, Silverstone/Black.

3. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Piton--you need to be a bit careful with your statements. Not all cars for sale are people who are actually in a hurry to sell, nor necessarily for a specific car. Someone brighter than me can list the number of 360's in this country, but I believe it to be more than a 1000 vehicles. So even 100 cars are not the "majority of owners". Also, as pointed out, then engine out comment is wrong.

And, as I stated above, I wouldn't trade my 360 for a Gallardo--so there are some people (count me as one) who consider the 360 a superior driving experience. Let me be clear--that is MY OPINION, and I don't particularly care about performance data, etc. And before this discussion goes down the whole "blinded by the magnificence of Ferrari" road--and again for me, my first 360 was because I wanted a Ferrari since I was in high school. The Gallardo test drives (mentioned previously) were because I really liked how the car looked, the performance number piqued my interest, I had done the Ferrari thing, and I was looking for something better (not because I didn't love my 360, but it was "the grass is always greener" thing). But the driving experience of the Gallardo totally didn't spin my propeller.

Some owners are switching, to be sure, but your post makes it sound like lemmings going over a cliff to get rid of their 360's. Nothing that I am aware of supports your statement.

4. Argonaut

Argonaut Rookie

Nov 27, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hi guys, I'm new here and for my first post I wanted to add my two cents to this thread. I have always been a big fan of Ferrari and have always dreamed of owning one. I have finally decided to take the plunge and buy my first exotic car, but these games that F-car dealers play with their customers is really turning me off. In fact it has pushed me to lean about 80% towards picking up a Gallardo. That and the fact that I can pick up a current generation model at a huge discount from MSRP (I have seen '04 G-cars go in the 130s). But despite all of the factors pushing me to the dark side, I really think I will regret not following my dream to the prancing horse.

Maybe you guys could offer me some advice. I am only 26, so I have a feeling it would be a miracle to even get a dealer to take me seriously in the first place. Plus I have a really hard time justifying anything above MSRP on principle. Britblaster, you mentioned arriving checkbook in hand. Do you think that would work for somebody my age? I noticed you are in WA, I'm in Portland so maybe you could share which dealer was willing to work with you like that. What would you guys do in my situation? Money isn't really a problem, but I really don't like paying a cent more than I have to. I know I could go for the 360 easily, but I would really like the current generation car for my first exotic experience. Thanks for reading my novel... ;)

5. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Please keep this thread on track :)

6. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

You have a PM

Mike

7. Steve355

Steve355 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Austin
    There's a beautiful Yellow 05 Coupe 6 Speed on the Ferrari of Long Island website. It's probably been sold by now but worth a try.

Steve

8. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Uhhh how was me saying that inmo, a Gallardo would make him forget about a 360? The guy wanted opinions, i stated mine? Or is this a circle jerk to say get the Ferrari?

9. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    The guy already has a Gallardo and the thread is about 430 availability.... I moved the discussion of the relative merits of the various cars to another thread :)

430 F1 vs 6spd Gallardo - with special guest Allan Lambo @ not for the sensitive @

10. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
  11. Piton

Piton Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    One glance at this month's FML shows more 360s for sale than at any point during the car's history previously.

A look at the last 24 months worth of FMLs shows a large spike upward in 360s listed both immediately after the Gallardo arrived on the scene, as well as a similar large spike as the F430 wave hit the past six months.

Most 360 owners are trying, hard, to get out of them. Particularly as depreciation has started to accelerate in earnest due to the market being flooded. I can't believe some of the prices in the FML on the off-warranty cars, it's as if they can't give them away.

I would suggest you keep your 360 for as long as possible Scotty. You seem to enjoy it, and you'll only lose money in moving to something else. And as long as you're happy that's all that matters.

12. Weaselwee

Weaselwee Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2005
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Steve, I've been trying to get on the website for a while. Apparently, someone passed away and there is a memorial. I waited for it to redirect me but it doesn't. Did you get on the site recently?

13. Steve355

Steve355 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Austin
    I was only on the site today, don't ask me how I did it. So i'll just link you directly to it :):
    http://www.ferrarili.com/inventory_pages/used/ferrari/2005_430_yellow.htm

Steve

14. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    guys,
    that's a nice yellow one!

15. steve miller

steve miller Karting

Dec 30, 2005
    Parkland, Fl
    Full Name:
    Steve Miller
    The market will level itself off for the 360. The past has shown that when a new generation of a popular car hits the market the previous generation always takes a hit. In the case of the 360, specifically the Spider the hit wasn't that bad. An 05 spider in a desirable color, with desirable options is selling in the 220's now. The 430 Spider is more then 100K higher. Why would a late model 360 depreciate on a grand scale when it costs 33% more to replace it with the newer model? Answer is that it doesn't. An 04, 0r 05 360 spider is still preferable to paying upwards of 120-150 over sticker for a 430.
    Just MHO.

16. Sportscarnut

Sportscarnut Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    I agree with Steve.

Why would I want to sell my 360? Its better looking than the 430, has far superior value for the money at this point, and as far as the Gallardo goes, it isn't a Ferrari, game over :)

I really grow tired of all the speculation on resale and what's going to happen to a given Ferrari model.

By the way, I doubt you'll ever see the alleged new super high performance NSX, more likely a gutless re-design targeted at the Corvette, Lotus and Porsche Cayman.

17. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There are tons for sale for sure, but the FML also shows their asking price index has actually gone up a little in the last 12 months. Can't figure that out. A couple of friends have been waiting for prices to get to around 100K for a nice used one. I'm sure their hundreds or thousands more just like them, but they are still waiting. I don't know anyone wanting a Gallardo.

Dave

18. Tim

Tim Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    going to sell my F430. if you know anyone interested have them email me at [email protected].

2005 F1, red/black with red stitching, sheilds, red gauge, red calipers, carbon racing seats, CD, carbon trim, 150 miles, $188k list sell for $214k

19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Are you sure only $ 26 k over list is enough ?

20. azudno

azudno Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    Savannah, Ga
    Full Name:
    David
    Woe is me.....wish I had the bank for it...(sigh) I'll keep dreaming....

21. Tim

Tim Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    just ready to let it go. its a good deal for someone with the cash.

22. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Apparently 355 used prices spiked a little on release of the 360. The reason is that someone walks into the dealership and says "I'd like a new 360 please" and the dealer says "Certainly sir, I'd be happy to take your desposit and call you in 2-3 years when ready to spec your car". Customer: "Hmmm, what can I get today ?".
    The same thing is happening with the 360/F430. You can buy a new F430 coupe for, what $230k ... or a reasonably late model, low-miles 360 coupe for around $145k. The F430 is an improvement over the 360 (but not as drastic as some would have you believe), but is it worth nearly $100k more -- well, that's for you to decide dear buyer.

23. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    How much of your profit are you going to give to Rob for letting you place the ad for free ?

Other car fora have banned similar profiteering ads due to their inability to resolve this moral dilemma

Just asking.....

24. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Actually, all later model Ferraris had a spike about then 308's 328's even 348's (I owned one at the time). The economy was the driving force here. 360 coupes sold for 250K. Crazy. Economy good now, but not as many instant millionaires as then.

Dave

25. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Well anyone can understand not buying a car if you dont fit in it. So in that case, you should of bought a Porsche GT2!:)

Just kidding, as I said, 430 is a nice car. Did you get F1 or 6speed?