Best Pet Urine Stain Remover | FerrariChat

Best Pet Urine Stain Remover

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by warrenn, Jan 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    Roomate got a puppy, I have white carpet throughout my house.

CANNOT STAND SEEING THE YELLOW STAINS. I feel like throwing the puppy out the window everytime I see another pee spot.

Did a google search for products and got bombarded with different products. Anyone have any experience with these products? Which one is the best?

2. weimar97

weimar97 Karting

May 21, 2004
    Nature's Miracle.

It is non-ammonia based, which prevents the pup from going back to same spot and repeating same action. Works quite well, I use it for other stains as well.

3. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have used 2 products. There is a Woolite-Oxy pet stain remover (can buy at local grocery store) it is in a wierd looking container that has 2 aresol cans unser one dispenser handle. This works really well for stains and odors and I love the smell of it. I have also used ZEP pet stain remover (can buy at Home Depot) this works as well as the Woolite product but does not smell as nice...sorta irritates my airways when I spray it...but can also be used in a carpet cleaner machine to do larger areas.

Both work pretty good on puppy puke too. My dog had a problem with vomiting bile when he was really small. I would have lost my mind if not for soda crakers (for the dog) and the ZEP product.

4. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    A carpet cleaning bill handed to your room mate will likely solve the problem :D

Or just put the dog outside until he is trained.

Even more fun, next time the dog pisses on your carpet go take a leak on his pillow and blame it on the dog.

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Whatever you use, make sure you rinse the hell out of it. With white carpeting, it will seem like you got the whole stain out but a few months later your floor will start resembling the surface of the moon. We've used a bunch of things. Nature's Miracle is good, so is the Oxy. But afterwards, rinse with a lot of water and then use a few folded towels to pull out the moisture. Literally stand on them. You'll be surprised how dry you can get it. Consider using a dryer as well. Kind of a pain in the ass, but worth it.

OR...Don't allow the puppy on the carpet until it's trained. Even though the pup is young, accidents are the fault of the owner since they have to go frequently and should be watched at all times. It's not too hard to pick up on their signals that they have to go, especially after drinking or playing, and it's never too early to start training.

6. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  7. Detailers Paradise

Detailers Paradise Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Be sure to finish off with an enzyme product, or the pup will just let loose there again. I've used PetZyme with great success.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Go to Walgreens and get yourself some "Urine Gone"! No Sh*t (No pun intended....:) ) It's a real product

9. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    petzyme works well too.

10. jimwalking

jimwalking Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2006
    White carpeting, I thought that was a myth. I did our home in a nice dirt friendly brown and it still shows spots and requires bi-annual cleaning.

11. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Horrific combination.

Know this... depending how many times the dog has pissed on the carpet, the smell and the stain will be there unless a professional carpet cleaner has cleaned and treated the carpet. Houshold products will suffice but they are a quick fix, not a solution. A carpet guy who is IICRC certified in carpet cleaning can identify your carpet fibers and use the right stuff to tackle the urine and stains. Also, if the piss has soaked through the carpet backing and into the pad.. the smell will always be there and if you have any lady friends come into the house, they're gonna smell it.

12. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #12 sduke, Jan 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. JNT

JNT Karting

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    oh god thats hilarious! i feel like doing this to my dog sometimes. and i have hardwoods

14. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

VAPOORIZE !!!